Pre-sales Engineer. ERP Experience a Must!
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Job Title Pre-sales Engineer. ERP Experience a Must! Advert Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world's business heroes-from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on. EOE AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Sage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity in The Law poster: Sage is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact us at We evaluate requests for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Job Description Provide direction and specialist knowledge, including pre-sales technical and functional support, in identifying product solutions to the sales force, Sage customer install base and Sage prospect base. Specifically, responsible for identifying, interpreting and defining customer/prospects needs, objectives and business requirements through innovative software solutions to solve complex technical and business issues. Including but not limited to, Sage Enterprise Management Application Functionality, Database Options and Third Party product lines. Responsible for driving various stages of the sales cycle by providing functional and operational expertise on Sage Enterprise Management, architecting solutions, and developing and executing solution strategies. Facilitate and support the sales cycle by assuming an active role in support of sales strategies and sales processes in providing recommendations on Enterprise Management software deployment strategies, solutions execution and leading teams in the pre-sales process. Also facilitate account transition from pre sales to solution implementation through effective communication of customer's business needs and requirements to ensure customer expectations are communicated, understood and executed. Promote Sage Enterprise Management product features, options and uses, to reinforce the value of Sage Enterprise Management as the business solution to our prospects and customers. Engage in pre-sales activities like demand generation webinars, customer engagement activities, and facilitating highly complex Proof of Concepts demonstrations, applying Solution Selling Fundamentals methodologies in order to increase revenue. Proactively seek to contribute to Sage Enterprise Management growth objectives by providing mentoring and solution knowledge transfer to newly hired and or existing pre sales personnel. Liaison with Product Management and Development to understand details of product direction and communicate back to the sales organization. Responsible for providing feedback from the market to Product Management and Development regarding additional products including gaps between product functionality and market/customer demands. Key Responsibilities Essential Functions:
- Perform high-level analysis of prospects business processes, procedures and requirements in preparation for solution presentations. Ability to uncover, understand and capture business and technical requirements.
- Prepare custom, detailed solution presentations based on the findings and understanding of the customers' business requirements. Deliver product solution demonstrations in support of the sales process.
- Develop and deliver proof of concept engagements.
- Work with Account Managers to provide product, business and technical knowledge in support of sales activities and strategies.
- Liaison with Product Management and Development to understand details of product direction and communicate information back to sales organization.
- Communicate with Product Management and Development to provide valuable field input into new product requirements.
- Staying abreast of product roadmap as well as understanding the scenarios, features and functions within each of the products and how these are applied to address business and technical issues. This includes participating in internal software testing, delivering internal training and providing support for Value Added Resellers as necessary.
- Work with colleagues to enhance and maintain the quality and effectiveness of demonstration scenarios.
- Ensure smooth pre sales to implementation account transitions by facilitating "handoff" process with a focus on continuous customer satisfaction.
- Provide sales with ongoing support in fulfillment of RFI's, RFP's and other customer/prospect driven requests.
- Where necessary, engage marketing and field pre sales to deliver webinars including recorded or live demonstrations.
- Provide assistance and expertise to Value Added Resellers during the sales cycle to include analysis of prospects business requirements, solution architecture and solution presentations.
- Attend conferences, participate in Customer Meetings and Customer Focus Groups to stay on top of changes in business issues, requirements, regulations and technology to understand where the market is going. Participate in local, national and international Customer User Group conferences.
- Protect company proprietary and confidential information
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications and Requirements:
- A BA or BS Degree, preferably in a technical field, although a combination of education and directly related experience will also be considered.
- 10+ years experience in technical outside sales, either direct or through additional specialized channels or consulting experience.
- Extensive experience in and familiarity with Sage ERP X3, architecting solutions, and developing and executing solution strategies.
- Highly skilled sales professional with strong business acumen.
- High technical knowledge with ability to work on complex assignments.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to represent multiple subjects and products. Resourceful and business oriented.
- Fluent in presentations, negotiations and ability to liaise with top management and executives.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills. Knowledge of strategic, conceptual and consultative selling.
- Must have strong computer skills, including proficiency with word processing, presentation software, and spreadsheets.
- Must have the willingness and ability to travel with minimal advanced notice and be available for frequent travel of over 50% to 70%. Function Sales Country United States Office Location Remote Location Region California
Keywords: Sage, San Jose , Pre-sales Engineer. ERP Experience a Must!, Sales , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!