Veterans Preferred - Specialty Gas Sales Specialist
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10025087 Specialty
Gas Sales Specialist (Open)
San Jose, CA - Hobson - Filling industrialDublin, CA - Retail shop,
Fremont, CA - Enterprise St - Retail shop, Hayward, CA - Retail
shop, Livermore, CA - Retail shop, Salinas, CA - Filling
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The range of $80k to $100k, a 20% commission bonus plan, and auto
allowance (Base + Bonus is $100,000 - $125,000)
The Specialty Gases Sales Specialist is responsible for driving the
growth of Specialty Gas Products to existing and prospective
customers. Through both direct sales and in collaboration with area
account managers, the Specialty Gas Specialist is directly
accountable for product management, market growth, and development
to achieve business and sales objectives in the assigned geography.
This is an outside sales position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Driving Specialty Gas sales within the assigned geography
through identification of key growth markets including Life
Science, Energy and Chemical, Research Laboratories, Manufacturing,
Food and Beverage and / or products and associated targets.
Development and execution of a strategy to capture that
- Supporting account managers to drive the growth of Specialty
Gas sales within the account managers assigned portfolio.
- Maintaining solid working relationships with Account Managers,
District Managers and other Specialists in Region.
- Provide customers with the engineering, technical support,
training, and service for all your Specialty Gas needs.
- Establish a process for continuous and accurate market data
collection for customer sales and service needs, market trends and
- Utilize all necessary sales and marketing literature to promote
Airgas initiatives that are identified as part of the region's
- Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product
knowledge through required training and self- directed research and
- Complete and turn in sales-related paperwork, including call
reports, month-end reports, reads and responds to email and phone
calls in a timely manner.
- Special projects and other duties as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
Are you a MATCH?
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Science, Food Science,
Engineering, Technology, or related degree field required. In lieu
of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related
experience may be accepted.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of prior outside business-to-business
sales experience to include proven experience and success in
solution-selling concepts and a demonstrated history of managing
customers throughout a defined sales territory with industry
experience required and industrial sales experience preferred.
- OR a minimum of 5 years directly related experience in Life
Sciences, Energy and Chemical markets, Research Laboratories,
Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, and required with prior outside
business-to-business sales experience preferred.
- A strong understanding of medical, specialty, or food grade gas
products and processes preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with industrial and specialty gases, industrial gas
/ welding supply sales a plus.
- Knowledge of customer segmentation and ability to prioritize
the targeting of customers delivering the highest value to
- Proven success using a consultative sales approach providing
multiple layers of value to a customer to establish a mix sales
solutions and products
- Proven success of using their deep knowledge of customer's
business, current macro- and microeconomic trends, industry trends,
and potential new business opportunities.
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral
communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Strong PC skills (i.e. Windows, Word, Excel, email) with
ability to acclimate to a PC based order entry system and wireless,
handheld scanning device.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency;
ability to work and succeed independently.
- Strong organizational, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Reliable transportation, current driver's license, minimum
liability insurance as required by state of vehicle
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical
demands required by an individual to successfully perform the
essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended
periods of time including sitting in an automobile for long periods
- Employee may occasionally be required to transverse through
office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information
received via computer.
- Requires frequent use of computer, telephone and operation of a
- May occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 60
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work
environment typically encountered by an individual while performing
the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Frequent local travel (75% of work time).
- Minimal overnight travel.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Job requires visitation of customer sites, which have varying
environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those
functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this
classification. This description of duties is not intended to be
all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of
supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of
responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with
Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, San Jose , Veterans Preferred - Specialty Gas Sales Specialist, Sales , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!