SMB AE/Virtual Sales Specialist - WEST
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 18, 2023
What You'll Do
As a Small/Mid Account Executive, you will...
- Sell Duo Security's two-factor authentication product within a
- Have a consultative sales approach and a successful track
record of growing both new business and expansion revenue.
- Demonstrate all the behaviors associated with a
high-performance sales culture, specifically managing a pipeline,
delivering results against a quota, and maintaining productive
Your responsibilities will include...
- Growing sales in the Small/Medium Business (SMB) space
- Becoming the resident expert on the Duo product and selling
new/existing customers on our cloud-based software
- Demonstrating and selling value to key partners within the
- Building a territory plan to improve revenue and customer
happiness within your accounts
- Close new business as well as expansion revenue
- Prospect into cold accounts using outbound and social
- Exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue goals on a quarterly
- Develop and maintain a substantial pipeline of qualified
opportunities, and consistently maintain an accurate forecast
- Successfully negotiate outcome where everybody wins agreements
based on value selling.
- Work collaboratively and sometimes cross-functionally with our
broader Cisco team (Account Manager, Cyber Security Specialists,
Partner Managers, etc.)
Who You'll Work With
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of
Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered
through the cloud.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to
analysts, calm to high energy, and bring together a diversity of
skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider
to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge -
transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build
solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And
that's why we are the most loved and trusted company in
Who You Are
- University or college degree
- 3+ years of software selling experience (SaaS preferred)
- Experience managing a large number of opportunities and using
solution-selling techniques when appropriate
- Deep understanding of a related technology
- Proven sales record of consistently meeting and exceeding
- Willingness to travel to customer sites as needed
- Skilled in virtual presentations, online web demos, and remote
- Proficiency using Salesforce or other CRM system
- Able to build and maintain positive relationships with
customers utilizing your strong interpersonal skills, while having
the ability to convey and relate ideas to others
- Please note: This role requires up to 20% travel, including air
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our
talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and
power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do
it? Well, for starters - with people like you!
Don't Follow the Herd: Be You, with Us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability,
veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. and/or
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects
the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S.
and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For
non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only;
employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring
ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation
target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring
location and additional factors, including but not limited to
skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or
training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range
based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can
share more details about compensation for the role in your location
during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision
insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short
and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and
numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid
holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday,
plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days
of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away
to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into
their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back
to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock
through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on
top of their base salary, which is split between quota and
non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at
the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue
attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds
100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five
times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For
non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales
objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans
do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive
compensation to be paid.
Keywords: Cisco, San Jose , SMB AE/Virtual Sales Specialist - WEST, Sales , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!