Customer Service Representative
Company: Waste Connections
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Green Team of San Jose, a Waste Connections company, is looking
for a high energy Customer Service Representative to join our team
in San Jose, CA! Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
The schedule will be Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. The pay range for this
job is fixed at $37.02/hour.We also offer great family benefits,
401k with a company match, paid vacation time, etc!Why you should
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment
where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then
doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer
disputes & demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use
of proprietary operational systems.
- Interviews customers and records interview information into
computer for customer service, talks with customers by phone and in
person, to receive orders for installation, turn on,
discontinuance, or change in service.
- Fills out contract forms, determines charges for service
requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records
and issues discontinuance orders.
- Demonstrate effective use of software applications, at a
minimum MS Word and Excel proficient.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes
goodwill. Interacts with customers and Waste Connections employees
to determine service requirements and resolve problems or
- Work in a fast paced, cooperative, high call volume
environment. Solicit sale of new or additional services.
- Cover for the reception desk when necessary.WORKING CONDITIONS
AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work environment is an office setting. Areas are clean,
ventilated, and well lighted. Our Customer Service Reps normally
have their own workstation or cubicle space and are equipped with a
telephone, headset, and computer.
- CSR call areas can be noisy and work may be repetitious and
stressful, with little time in between calls, while still providing
excellent service. Some calls are evaluated to ensure high
- Also, long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a
computer screen are common. MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years of Customer Service experience.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Email preferred. Typing and
10-key skills are required.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems. Gather data, compile
information, and prepare reports.To be considered for any of our
current openings you must complete an application at
www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional
instructions can be found once you select your position of
interest. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term
disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited
opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".Waste Connections is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Waste Connections, San Jose , Customer Service Representative, Sales , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!