Product Sales Specialist - Enterprise Networking
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 24, 2023
We change the World, you will become passionate about your
employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on
the Internet, making networked connections more significant than
ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas
impact everything imaginable, from entertainment, healthcare, and
education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and
everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we will take
creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that
have real world impact.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will develop a business plan to meet and exceed the assigned
quota. A successful Cisco Product Sales Specialist plans - sales
strategies, develops proposals, delivers customer presentations,
and closes the business. Specific responsibilities include but are
not limited to:
- Build and implement new Growth strategies - with the account
team, channel partners, and business unit.
- You will be responsible to deliver on GROWTH and PIPELINE
- Identify new Enterprise Networking sales prospects, together with
field and partner account teams
- Pursue and win major, strategic, high-touch, and complex
- Use EN as a competitive differentiator to grow Cisco's market
- Develop a deep understanding of product capabilities and value
proposition and be able to present and demo to customers and
prospects through outcomes-based selling and use cases - at Line of
Business, Security, IT management, and Executive level
- Facilitate and consult on Proof of Value (POVs) deployments
co-delivered with the assigned Engineering teams, and Technical
Solutions Architect (TSA) in order to secure the purchase order
- Partner with a wide variety of team members to be able to
demonstrate the full extent of Cisco resources to scale and
overcome competitive pressures and tactics
- Accurately forecast revenue attainment and report on pipeline
status for the territory
- Facilitate case studies and references from flagship wins and
develop key customer relationships in order to provide the
'customer voice' to the BE for platform innovation
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
The Private Sector West team is looking for a motivated product
sales specialist (PSS) with strong business and technical savvy,
excellent communication skills, and a passion for bringing value to
our customers, partners, and account teams through digital
transformation. You will have responsibility to deliver sales
growth in both EN software & hardware bookings within your assigned
sales territory. While most importantly, you will contribute to an
encouraging and empowering team culture. Positive
WHO YOU ARE
You take ownership of objectives and results and operate without a
need for detailed management. You have a naturally competitive
spirit and desire to win while having principled ethical standards.
Internal and external influencing skills are a must. Understanding
sales tools, analytics, reporting, and a digital mindset are
essential for success.
- You are highly motivated and an adventurous person - who wants to
- You make others around you better and hold yourself to higher
level of standard.
- 5+ years of sales experience selling networking solutions to
enterprise, public sector, SP, and commercial accounts
- Shown field sales experience: understanding of sophisticated
sales cycles with a strong ability to accelerate sales
- Ability to develop and execute account plans and data-driven
- Ability to handle a pipeline and forecast opportunities
accurately to meet commit
- Ensure up to date salesforce.com and tools entries to allow for
real-time sales ops reporting
- Ability to work in matrix organizations/teams and manage partner
relationships - to identify and establish partnerships with team
members to build support, secure sponsorship, and ensure alignment
for desired outcomes
- Confirmed ability to communicate effectively and professionally
with customers, and colleagues and work with a variety of
- Ability to think 'big' and solve problems
- A subscriber to Cisco's Conscious Culture
- BS Degree (Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering, Computer
- +MBA/Economics/Finance degree (Preferred)
#WeAreCisco. We are all outstanding, but collectively we bring our
talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and
power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do
it? Well, for starters - with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco.
We're the Internet's optimists. Our technology makes sure the data
travelling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet
it's not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out.
We're helping those who work in the health service to connect with
patients and each other; schools, colleges and universities to
teach in even the most difficult of times. We're helping businesses
of all shapes and size to connect with their employees and
customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital
skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world
- whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We solve whatever challenges come our way. We have each other's
backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We
celebrate and support one another - from big and small things in
life to big career moments. And giving back is central to our
purpose (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because
without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving
forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together
around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together
we're committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities,
whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to
make this world a better place either with technology, or through
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink.
Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects
the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations.
For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do
not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales
positions include base and incentive target, and do not include
equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's
hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited
to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or
training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range
based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more
details about compensation for the role in your location during the
Keywords: Cisco, San Jose , Product Sales Specialist - Enterprise Networking, Sales , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!