Wine & Spirits Sales Representative- Santa Clara County
Company: E&J Gallo
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Wine & Spirits Sales Representative- Santa Clara County
Location: San Jose, CA, US Santa Cruz, CA, US Mountain View, CA, US
Gilroy, CA, US Salinas, CA, US Date: Oct 30, 2022 Company: E. & J.
Gallo Why Gallo? With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine
and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the
world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.SummaryBy incorporating
the attributes of self-confidence, enthusiasm, product knowledge,
creativity, and common sense, represents all distributor products
to Grocery/Drug chain stores. Manages and provides guidance to
Merchandisers assigned to merchandise specific store shelves, cold
box, and floor displays approved by store management. We have
territories in this region become available depending on our
business needs. We would love to talk about your interests and
geographic preferences. Apply today! Essential FunctionsThis job
description reflects management's assignment of essential
functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be
- Conducts distributor business in an assigned territory
containing 15-35 accounts in such a way that an appropriate sales
volume will be achieved.
- Through the use of business builders and trackers, pre-plans
each call for maximum effectiveness.
- Gains knowledge of competitive sales trends and pricing in
order to maintain specific pricing structures on all Gallo
- Knows the sales trends in each account, understands the
business strategies and practices of each decision maker.
- Knowledge of products, promotional and merchandising programs
to achieve and maintain 100% distribution achievement in every
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit for seeking out new
- Listens carefully to needs and preferences of retail decision
- Uses data facts and figures, IRI, etc. to correctly make
persuasive sales presentations.
- Overcomes objections raised during a sales presentation.
- Manages and provides guidance to Merchandisers assigned to
merchandise specific store shelves, cold box, and floor displays
approved by store management.
- In the absence of a Merchandiser, merchandises products through
use of Point of Sale materials, cold box and shelf management, and
creative mass display to stimulate impulse sales.
- Provides continuing and conscientious service to each account
by managing accounts receivable, inventory, rotating display
product, cold box product, and shelf stock when necessary.
- Maintains up to date route cards and account records.
- Uses pocket PCs for storing and reporting sales
- Provides management with accurate daily sales reports and
- Complies with all the distributor policies and procedures.
- Effectively handles special in-store problems and reporting
that might occur from time to time.
- Projects a professional appearance while being resourceful,
friendly and persistent with retail decision makers.
- Maintains a cooperative attitude with management and provides
reports that are accurate and on time.
- Practices safe work and driving habits and, if accountable for
others, ensures their understanding and compliance of such
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable
quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If
accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their
understanding and compliance.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Gallo does not sponsor employment based visas for this
position now or in the future.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree; OR Completed at least 30 semester college
units plus 2 years of customer service and/or retail sales
experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High
school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 4 years
of customer service and/or retail sales experience reflecting
increasing levels of responsibility; OR Senior class standing at a
college or university and working towards a Bachelor's Degree.
- Required to be at least 21 years of age.
- Required to be physically capable of executing all essential
functions to perform the job.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license
and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's
license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of
- Required to have a car or personal transportation to access
multi-store locations within assigned area and transport large
point of sale materials.
- Required to lift and move 45 - 57 pound cases of product.
- Required to live with-in or in close proximity of assigned
- Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting
locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for
development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of
the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in
addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of retail sales experience
reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience working independently in the field.
- Innovative, entrepreneurial spirit, open to new ideas and
- Strategic thinker with ability to build rapport easily with
customers and colleagues.
- Leadership aptitude or skill. Highly developed verbal and
written communication skills.
- Strong listening and presentation skills.
- Well-organized with highly effective time and activity
- Good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork experience
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is required to be on their
feet for long periods of time and frequently bends, stoops and
climbs.Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.The temperature, noise level and
cleanliness of the work environment vary with each retail account.
AFF001 DIST001 Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, traits historically associated with race, including but not
limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids,
locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed,
religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition
as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and
predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic
information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived),
transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran
status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any
other basis protected by applicable law. We also consider qualified
applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable
federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability,
please let us know at (see application details).
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Compliance, Accounts Receivable, Sales Rep, Law,
Legal, Finance, Sales
Keywords: E&J Gallo, San Jose , Wine & Spirits Sales Representative- Santa Clara County, Sales , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!