Sales Specialist for CA
Location: San Jose
Posted on: August 6, 2022
If you are using a screen reader and having difficulty, please
call 855-350-3800 Job Locations US-CA-San Jose - US-CA-Sacramento -
US-CA-Santa Rosa - US-NV-Reno Category Sales & Marketing
Sub-Category General Sales Position Type Regular Full-Time Shift
All Shifts ID 2022-174443 Location : Name San Jose, CA Location :
Location US-CA-San Jose Overview SALES SPECIALIST-Supporting our
California and Nevada communities Every day is an opportunity for
our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and
personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission, we know
that offering them genuine rewards, and heart filling job
satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. As a Sales
Specialist, you will find opportunities to grow your career in one
of the fastest growing industries in today's market.
- Brookdale Sales Specialists maintain and improve upon occupancy
levels of communities in accordance with marketing and business
- Sales Specialists utilize established sales processes and
systems to perform job duties, track information, compile data and
achieve desired community occupancy goals.
- The sales process is managed by assisting prospective
residents, their family members, and/or advisors in the
decision-making process by understanding their needs and educating
them about the community's services and programs.
- Our Sales Specialists are called to assignments within the
Division to help where there is a vacant Sales position. They help
improve occupancy, implement marketing strategies, train new sales
associates and assist in being an ambassador of first impressions
for the community they are assigned to. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field
preferred or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 3+ years' of sales experience in senior living
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel for up to 10 days and have 4 days off
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply. We believe that in order
to best serve our residents, we need to first serve our associates.
One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include,
but are not limited to:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD Please note, Brookdale is committed to
complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding
mandatory COVID-19 vaccination. ResponsibilitiesAssists the
marketing department in meeting all budget and occupancy
expectations. Works closely with theExecutive Director (ED) and
Sales and Marketing staff in the development and execution of the
marketing plans in the assigned community or region.
- Conducts phone and direct sales calls in accordance with
established Sales & Marketing goals, ensuring leasing expectations
are met or exceeded.
- Manages all move-ins/outs to achieve maximum revenue
performance for the community. Communicates incoming resident's
special needs or requirements to the Director of Resident Services.
Assists in maintaining an active, meaningful wait list.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing
plans that will result in meeting and/or exceeding performance
- Assists in lead generating activities to ensure adequate leads
are produced in order to meet performance expectations. Manages and
maintains a working knowledge of the lead tracking and marketing
software programs and systems.
- Assists in the success of internal sales programs such as the
resident/family referral and associate referral programs.
- Assists in managing the marketing department staff to ensure
completion of reporting procedures and daily assignments. Assists
in motivating and rewarding staff to meet or exceed performance
expectations in consultation with the ED and Regional Sales and
Marketing Management, assists in training departmental employees in
accordance with company policies. Assists in the hiring,
performance evaluation and discipline of all Sales & Marketing
- Maintains an active, working knowledge of current competition
and any new entrants. Assists in updating competitive information
on a regular basis and communicates to staff.
- Maintains and communicates current product information to staff
(pricing, program changes, policy changes and promotional
programs), in the absence of a Director of Sales and
- Creates and maintains a positive image of the community with
residents, the community, and other staff associates. Maintains
effective relationships with all residents and their families.
Attends resident functions.This job description represents an
overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position.
It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of
responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as
assigned by his/her supervisor.QualificationsEducation and
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university; or one to
two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.Certifications, Licenses,
and Other Special Requirements
Works on short-term assignments all across the
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Ability to
maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward residents,
visitors, families, and co-workers. Possesses an understanding of
the aging process and needs of older adults.Physical Demands and
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Requires Travel: OccasionallyBrookdale is an equal opportunity
employer and a drug-free workplace. Sorry the Share function is not
working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try
Keywords: Brookdale, San Jose , Sales Specialist for CA, Sales , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!