Director- Service Sales-US Commercial-San Jose CA
Company: Cisco Systems
Location: San Jose
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Services Sales is one of the most important areas for our future
growth in Cisco as we move more and more towards an annuity
business or recurring business. Our Services Sales team is key to
drive growth in all areas of our service offerings, and also to
increase adoption in the market of our new technology.
Cisco seeks an effective leader to join our sales organization in
the role of Manager, Service Sales US Commercial. With the
increasing importance of Services, Software and Solution Selling
within Cisco's Go-to-Market model, the role requires a strong
leader with the talent of leading change. This is a great
opportunity for someone with proven sales and consulting
experience, hardworking and a talented team that plays a vital role
in leading Cisco's journey towards Service-led customer
engagements.Who You'll Work WithIn this position, you will mentor
and guide your team of sales professionals (Individual Contributors
as well as your extended team), provide planning and strategic
support, and serve as an authority for resolving issues in
intensified or highly strategic sales situations. You'll be the
lead interface to both the product sales team.What You'll DoIn this
highly visible role you will be responsible for Leadership of the
Service Sales team on the East Coast- both hard line and teamwork,
collaboration, influence and respect.
- Build customized Service models for our top customers to help
them to achieve their business objectives
- Work closely with Cisco's partners to complement Cisco's
offering and to integrate Cisco's Services into their
- Provide account management on focused new and renewal
opportunities to ensure service revenue and achieve the highest
possible customer satisfaction.
- Meet and exceed Service bookings targets on a weekly, monthly,
quarterly and annual basis. Increase Service penetration across all
- Align with the Services sales team and the Product sales teams
and functions to achieve sales stretch goals.
- Closely team with the Service Delivery organization to ensure
our Services models fit our customer requirements
- Recognize the importance of customer satisfaction and empower
the team to achieve the customer satisfaction target with
- Plan, propose and participate in annual budget, staff and
business plan process to build team and achieve financial goals.
Pilot operation expenses to meet the company financial goals.
- Lead staff by providing performance feedback and guidance in
addition to annual salary and career advancement review.
- Champion and lead cross functional initiatives to create new
programs and resolve issues
- Promote Cisco services in external marketplace - both to
customers and channel partners
Who You Are
- You bring 10 years or more of field-based customer service and
sales experience in a high-technology environment
- You have a comfort level with solutions selling and finance, an
attitude for identifying customer needs and opportunities
- Strong negotiation and closing skills - Ability to handle large
complex Services opportunities and Customer engagements
- Talent to manage and direct sales strategies to customers as
well as aligning with channel partners.
- A deep understanding of legal contracts.
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation
- Standout colleague, with proven ability to manage by
- Strong skills in strategic planning, customer relations and
retention, contract development and negotiation, support operations
and business management
- Consistent track record of collaboration across multiple
- Solid understanding of IT Service Management and the ability to
map differentiated Cisco Services into existing or new IT Service
- Must be excellent communicator, team builder and motivator with
a shown ability to provide leadership while exhibiting excellent
interpersonal communication and coaching skills.
- Needs to be organized and self-motivated
- Ability to lead change in complex environments
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents
to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive
future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in
their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years
strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company.
And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that
adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what
we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a
culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even
failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give
our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is
built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take
difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a
dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink.
Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Keywords: Cisco Systems, San Jose , Director- Service Sales-US Commercial-San Jose CA, Sales , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!