Global Strategy & Planning Sales Director, Intent Based Networking
Company: Cisco Systems
Location: San Jose
Posted on: October 17, 2020
What You'll DoWe are seeking a best-in-class Strategy and
Planning professional to join our Global Sales Specialist COO team
as the strategy & planning lead for the Intent Based Networking
(IBN) Sales business.
Your diverse experience will enable you to lead all aspects of the
sales strategy, planning & operations function. You will lead &
manage a team, shape strategy, build & execute operational plans,
drive key initiatives that translate into sales growth and do so in
partnership with the IBN Sales leader and cross functional
Role & Responsibilities include:
- Strategy & Planning: Understand & shape sales priorities and
go-to-market plans. Establish & clearly articulate sales plans to
support the business; execute growth initiatives; lead sales
incentive programs; drive business intelligence to provide
strategic insights & spur new programs; conduct all aspects of
- Sales operations: drive business functions that may include
forecasting; sales tools & processes; sales coverage models;
business reviews; goal modeling; headcount planning & budget
management; business metrics & reporting.
- Cross-functional engagement & alignment: Drive
cross-organizational collaboration, alignment, and execution around
key strategic initiatives; operational rigor to ensure execution
and impact. Forge positive relationships, build & lead a matrixed
team to win together.
- People Leadership: Lead a direct & matrixed team with a focus
on priorities, empowerment, and accountability to achieve results;
develop and grow your team through exposure, coaching and
visibility; recognize and reward.
- Lead various, high visibility strategic initiatives, get well
plans, pilot programs, etc. across the business.
Who You Are
Are you energized by learning new things, solving business
challenges and connecting the dots to discover new opportunities &
build impactful solutions? Can you develop & translate strategy
into an operational plan and drive execution? Are you a leader who
gets things done and is comfortable working with cross-functional
teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment?
- Sales strategy & planning experience or directly related
experience is required.
- Deep knowledge of Cisco's sales functions; understand Cisco's
field sales organizations, processes, and go-to-market ... speak
the language of the field.
- Consistent track record in cross-functional collaboration,
establishing relationships and driving successful outcomes in a
- Strong communications & influence skills, experience speaking
publicly & working with partners at all levels, producing exec
level content and conducting exec conversations
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where
you are empowered to make decisions and drive the business
- Strong in framing & structuring business problems, prioritizing
the effort, conducting complex quantitative and qualitative
analysis, building an exec level story complete with
- Proven experience translating strategy into operational plans
and leading through execution;
- Strong program/project management skills to drive initiatives;
capable of taking a concept, building a plan and running daily
tasks to deliver successful outcomes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; understand the
- Curious and flexible, you enjoy variety and are willing to
tackle different roles/responsibilities as business needs
- A standout colleague. You love a challenge, you've always got
your teammate's back, and you're inspired working with others to
- People leadership experience is preferred.
- Minimum BA/BS; MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of sales strategy/planning, sales finance, consulting
or directly relevant experience.
Keywords: Cisco Systems, San Jose , Global Strategy & Planning Sales Director, Intent Based Networking, Sales , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!