Administrative Assistant- Construction Office
Company: Quanta Services
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Quanta Telecommunications Services safely provides comprehensive
infrastructure services to fiber, wireline and wireless carrier
customers within the communications industry. With a focus on
delivering for our customers at the highest quality and service, we
need smart, dedicated individuals that take pride in their work and
have the savvy to thrive in a rapidly growing environment. Quanta
Telecommunications is actively seeking an Administrative Assistant
to support the Field Construction office located in San Jose, CA.
In this role, you will monitor administrative projects, maintain
schedules, perform some billing functions and serve as a backup to
the existing assistant in the office, all while exercising
confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Use business software applications (e.g. word processing,
presentation and spreadsheet) to prepare correspondence, reports,
presentations, agendas, meeting minutes, etc.; may prepare
responses to routine correspondence and inquires.
- Review/Enter/Process data for invoicing of clients
- Utilize and maintain customer software and data bases
- Maintain files and records, analyze data, and coordinate
preparation of reports.
- Handle a wide variety of complex and confidential situations
and resolve conflicts involving the clerical and administrative
function of the office.
- Work collaboratively and coordinate with other Administrative
Assistants for planning and implementing events and meetings during
- Assist Leadership with all functions of daily operations,
including screening calls, coordinating travel arrangements, and
processing expense reports, maintaining calendars and scheduling
- Attend meetings and take actions to ensure deliverables are
- Manage invoices and coordinate invoice approvals; work with
Accounting for department purchases.
- Maintain supply inventory; anticipate supply needs; place and
expedite supply orders and verify receipts.
- Adhere to internal standards, policies and procedures.DESIRED
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Skills):
- High School Diploma Required; Associate degree preferred or its
equivalent and 3 years of experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while working with
- Ability and willingness to work in a field construction office
and maintain appropriate professionalism
- Self-starter who is able to work independently while supporting
the needs of the team
- Excellent oral and written skills with an emphasis on grammar
and proof reading
- Appropriately professional appearance and ability to work with
all levels of employees in the organization, up to and including
the C-Suite executives
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong project coordination skills
- Ability to prioritize deliverables to meet timelines WORK
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is
subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent
on input from others.
- Business requirements may frequently necessitate that work be
performed from home, after normal work hours or on weekends.
- Business requirements may include periodic travel.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal
regulations or as required by Quanta. ADA JOB
REQUIREMENTS:Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that
the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder
the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional
disability. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:Quanta Telecom is an equal
opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without
regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship,
age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected
categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if
requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Keywords: Quanta Services, San Jose , Administrative Assistant- Construction Office, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!