Site Reliability Engineer - Hadoop
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all
about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global
brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional
digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to
create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and
transform how companies interact with customers across every
screen. We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed
to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is
respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new
ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the
next big idea could be yours.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
The Cloud Technology organization builds platform and client
services that are foundational building blocks for many other Adobe
products and services. Areas of focus include: identity, security,
cloud storage, e-commerce, workflow management, synchronization,
customer facing web apps, scalability, infrastructure management
and search, just to name a few. Our mission is to build highly
scalable, highly available and highly resilient services that
fulfill the business objectives of Adobe.
The Data and Analytics Platform team resides within Adobe's
Information and Data Services team and we are looking for a Site
Reliability Engineer who will be responsible for the implementation
and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure including
monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Own the platform architecture and drive it to the next level of
effectiveness to support current and future requirements
- Build/Design and architect of the next generation platform to
setup the success for the future.
- Design, implement and maintain security, data capacity, node
forecasting and planning.
- Provide hardware architectural guidance, plan and estimate
cluster capacity, and create roadmaps for the Hadoop cluster
- Experience in designing, Installation, configuration,
supporting and managing Hadoop Clusters using Apache, Hortonworks
- Experience on Commissioning, Decommissioning, Balancing and
Managing Nodes and tuning server for optimal performance of the
- Closely work with the Hadoop development, infrastructure,
network, database, and business intelligence teams.
- Participate in a 12x7 rotation for production issue
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels of the
- Experience in deploying/configuring Cloudera/HDP/core Apache
Hadoop and related infrastructure.
- Experience in tools integration, automation, configuration
- Experience with networking, systems administration skills.
- 5+ years of hands on working experience on Hadoop
infrastructure stack (Ex: HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Flume, Spark,
Pig, Hive, Oozie, YARN, Zookeeper, Presto, etc).
2+ years of experience in Python or Perl.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical
discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment
that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists.
You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to
helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where
ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you.
Discover what our employees are saying about their career
experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful
benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage
diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran
Keywords: Adobe, San Jose , Site Reliability Engineer - Hadoop, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!