Production Manager (Machine Shop)
Company: Professional Plastics
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance
engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career
opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and
operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We
are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core
values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in
1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 19 locations across the
USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal
opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:includes the following, as
well as other duties that may be
- Manage production leads across all shifts to drive
productivity, accuracy in reporting, and efficient operation of
- Lead daily production meeting to communicate safety, Quality,
and scheduling of jobs.
- Working with engineering, ensure that material, tooling and
programs are available for a scheduled job.
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel
and establishing priorities.
- Maintain quality by establishing and enforcing organizational
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, and
appraising job results.
- Maintain work flow by setting processing variables (cycle
times) observing efficiency and equipment performance.
- Compile production performance records and data to address
- Develop reporting procedures for production issues
(maintenance, programs, etc)
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance, and quality of product.
- Assist the workforce regarding safety, scheduling, and
personnel issues at all times.
- Maintain workforce by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and
- Work with staff to develop personal growth opportunities.
- Maintain compliance within establishes policies and
- Support company mission, vision, strategic plan and goals.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager.
Experience: Minimum 5 years Production Management Experience in a
Machine Shop setting preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Full Benefits Package:Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending
Account, 401K Plan, Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life
Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program
If being part of the Professional Plastics Team sounds EXCITING to
you, APPLY now!
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Professional Plastics, San Jose , Production Manager (Machine Shop), Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!