Company: First Student
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 18, 2023
First Student - Operations Manager First Student is currently
hiring for an Operations Manager. In this role you will focus on
supervising day to day operations of our buses. As well as schedule
the maintenance and fueling of the buses! This is great opportunity
to enhance your skill set and grow and contribute with a dynamic
- $80,000 - $83,000 yearly salary Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates and promotes a safe work environment at all
- Insures drivers have the daily paperwork necessary to complete
their routes. Insures completed charter paperwork is received by
the Location Manager for processing.
- Coordinates field trips by the assignment of personnel and
- Under location managers direction, assists drivers with
establishing route descriptions.
- Insures that drivers follow through with scheduled fueling and
- Observes safety practices of personnel and takes corrective
action when necessary.
- Assists Location Manager during training session and kick off
- Attends disciplinary meetings with location manager
- May interact with school officials on routine matters at
smaller bus locations.
- May drive bus on occasion if necessary.
- Assists dispatcher when necessary.
- May manage small locations under the overall direction of the
- Insures that routes meet state, local, and vendor
- Reviews time sheets prior to submission to payroll. Minimum
- 3-5 years of experience in transportation industry.
- Good supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Computer skills First Student's commitment to putting our
customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver
dependable transportation makes for a working environment you'll
love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion
customers worldwide, you'll also enjoy security, a brilliant
future, and excellent training. Apply today to join our team! We
aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to
attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Student, San Jose , Operations Supervisor, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!