Company: Apria Healthcare Group
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job SummaryWith over 300 locations across the US, Apria
Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8
million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and
select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better,
heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found
- Schedules and organizes daily deliveries and pick-ups for
delivery employees according to geographic area and availability of
- Schedules additional deliveries as patient and referral
requests are received.
- Assigns, directs work and coaches staff.
- Responds to emergency delivery calls on a regular and on-call
- Ensures delivery staff assembles and departs location within
required time frame.
- Prepares performance appraisals and makes recommendations on
selection, promotion, merit increases and employee discipline.
- Participates in developmental tasks designed to build
- May occasionally perform supervisor's responsibilities if there
is a temporary shortage of department supervision.
- Delivers and picks up equipment from homecare patients. Sets up
equipment and instructs patients on the basic use of equipment.
Assists patients in solving problems regarding equipment use.
- Ensures staff compliance with all applicable regulatory
requirements including providing documents for the driver
qualification file and abiding by hours of service, daily log,
hazardous materials (placarding, training and shipping papers) and
vehicle inspection and maintenance regulations.
- Maintains daily vehicle maintenance logs and delivery employee
- Ensures trucks are in proper working condition.
- Ensures preventative maintenance on trucks is performed on a
- Ensures delivery employees load trucks properly within required
- Assists delivery employees with special orders and equipment.
May assist delivery employees with the loading of trucks when
- Maintains accurate files containing purchase orders of
equipment and medical supplies.
- Compiles data on delivery productivity, such as number of stops
made and number of miles driven.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is
- At least five years related experience is required.
- Must possess a commercial driver's license with hazardous
materials, cargo tank and air brake endorsements.
- Must meet job-related requirements to comply with D.O.T.,
F.D.A. and Joint Commissions regulations.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Regularly required to use hands to write, use computer, operate
a motor vehicle, use a hand held device, telephone and use a
document imaging system and manipulate documents.
- Regularly required to read documents and write neatly,
legibility and transcribe accurate information and
- Employee continually engages in activities that require talking
- This position requires frequent variations including sitting,
walking, standing, kneeling, reaching or stooping.
- The employee must possess and maintain a valid driver's
license, specific to vehicle operated in the conduct of this
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job safely
include close vision, distant vision, night (low to limited light)
vision and the ability to adjust focus to work on a computer and
- Strength Aspects:oOccasionally required to stand and lift
objects from 1" to 36" high with weights ranging from 10 lbs - 160
lbs, and carry objects for distances ranging from 1 ft -350 ft,
including travel up and down stairs or in elevators.oOccasionally
required to push or pull objects weighing from 20 lbs - 60 lbs, up
and down stairs, through doorways and thresholds, using dollies or
carts, or on flat or angled surfaces which may include outdoor
surfaces, carpeting or smooth floors. Distances pushed or pulled
could range from 1-25 ft on average.oOccasionally required to grip
objects with hands, up to 15 lbs of force.oOccasionally required to
grip objects with fingers, up to 10 lbs of force.
- Body Position and Flexibility ElementsoOccasionally required to
climb 100 stairs on average ranging from 3"-10" in height,
oOccasionally stepping in and out of company vehicles ranging up to
20" in height.oOccasionally required to climb ladders up to 10'
high, in general.oOccasionally required to bend down at the waist
to a torso level of 24" above the floor.oOccasionally required to
reach, on average, 20" away from the body.oOccasionally required to
kneel on one or both knees and squat to perform many of the above
tasks.WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to inspect and safely operate a motor
vehicle during the day and night and in a wide range of weather and
- The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the
locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to
- There is moderate exposure to dust, fume, mists and odors.
- Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled
environment in buildings or vehicles and various outdoor conditions
and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a
variety of US states.
- General lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting
indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions
consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
- During off site travel events the employee may be exposed to
higher noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection, with
moderate potential exposure to moderate dust, chemicals, fumes and
odors, as well as cryogenic and cleaning agents.
- During off site travel events the employee may be required to
ride in company delivery vehicles and accompany employees on
deliveries and enter into patient homes.
- May be required to receive vaccinations and participate in
medical assessments and testing consistent with the work
environment or patients exposed to.
- Will be required to wear various personal protective equipment
consistent with the hazards encountered in this role.
- Will be requires to use hand tools for assembly and repair,
material handling equipment, cutting, carrying devices, cleanup
kits or equipment.
- May be required to work with cryogenic fluids requiring special
precautions and PPE.Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring
veterans and military spouses. BenefitsComprehensive benefits
package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick
Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off
for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities Compensation
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week EEO StatementAs
an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all
applicants and employees with equal access to employment
opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national
origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital
status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These
regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals
on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require
affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors
to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans
and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and
Keywords: Apria Healthcare Group, San Jose , Transportation Lead, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...