Shipping / Receiving - Distribution, Associate
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Experienced Shipping / Receiving Associate Great Opportunity for
an Experienced Shipping / Receiving Associate! Pay is Depending on
- Must Have FEDEX and UPS shipping experience
- Steel Toes Required
- Minimum of 6 Months Prior Experience DETAILS: Verifies and
keeps records of outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment
by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Learns product types and assembly of products prior to
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or
measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against
bills of lading, packing lists, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils
identifying shipping information on cartons.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects
- Inserts items into containers.
- Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal
- Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping
instructions onto crates or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items,
records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages
and shortages. Routes items to departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates tier lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or
hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or
- Utilizes UPS and Federal Express World Ship computerized
management systems daily for shipments.
- Works with Bills of Lading (BOL) paperwork in handling job
- Trains on oxygen cleaning requirements for equipment.
Keywords: PrideStaff, San Jose , Shipping / Receiving - Distribution, Associate, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!