Service Technician- FAB
Company: Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Around the globe, we help cities and industries manage, optimize
and make the most of their resources. We provide an array of
solutions related to water, energy and materials to promote a
cleaner more sustainable world for all of us.
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a
broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely
positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the
environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey
The Technician will perform proper diagnosis of any malfunctioning
machinery, general repairs, installing new equipment and systems
and preventative maintenance program on all assigned Mobile /SDI
machinery as directed by supervisor. This position requires
forklift operation, scissor lifts, drill presses, belt sanders,
band saws, bench grinders and ironworkers
The (RO) Technician provides service in the quality control,
repair, modification and cleaning of, or membrane replacement of,
as required for multiple Reverse Osmosis (RO) equipment and
associated pretreatment units including media filtration and micro
filtration. Completes duties and tasks as directed by Plant Manager
and Regeneration Manager.
• Assists in fabricating and manufacturing various components of
specialized equipment used in industrial water treatment
• Pipe-fit various materials such as PVC, CPVC, fiberglass, and
• Maintains and performs preventative maintenance programs and
calibration on equipment or instrumentation used during quality
• Delivers external customer satisfaction through on-time
preparation; through continuous improvement initiatives and
value-added projects that will insure quality of equipment
completed while considering cycle times
• Maintains records and reports as directed by immediate supervisor
to include ISO documentation requirements
• Practices good safety procedures to keep self and others injury
• Provides excellent housekeeping practices in RO maintenance area
and tool storage area to include timely cleanup of work area after
each task is completed
• Coordinates with Materials Control to insure proper inventory and
ordering of replacement items to minimize downtime of units
• Maintains related specialized equipment, Field Technician, and
safety kits for shipment to customer location as well as
• Performs preventative maintenance on equipment as well as
Mobile/Service DI water treatment equipment.
• Maintain preventative maintenance records for Mobile/Service DI
• Install new equipment or rearranges existing equipment
• Performs some building maintenance, Regeneration Piping, Cup
• Practices good safety procedures in order to keep self and others
injury free. Follows EHS policies and procedures.
• Follow good housekeeping practices by keeping maintenance and
tool storage area neat and clean as well as timely cleanup of work
area after each job is completed
• Is available on call for emergency repairs as needed to help keep
plant in good running order
• Perform confined space entry in small tanks with 14x18"
• Travel for field repair and installations if needed
• Maintain records and reports as directed by immediate
• HS Diploma, GED or equivalent.
• Minimum of 1 year of PVC plumbing or mechanical repair and
maintenance work experience or training.
• Ability and willingness to perform physical duties such as
lifting, climbing, working at elevated heights, and manual
• Ability and willingness to work confined space entry
• Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to
include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing
facilities, and power industry facilities
• Ability and willingness to read documents and implement such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
• Ability to handle and lift 50 lbs.
• Ability and willingness for on call status for emergency
• Ability and willingness to travel for install and repair if
• Possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic
environment with challenging projects and training provided to
ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better
results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that
champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to
be an equal opportunity workplace!
Keywords: Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions, San Jose , Service Technician- FAB, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!