Data Analyst Intern
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 25, 2022
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the
right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to
democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless
of background or economic standing, has access to affordable,
convenient, and secure products and services to take control of
their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
We are seeking world-class problem solvers who have a passion for
data and a relentless focus on execution and delivery. You will be
most successful with a healthy combination of both, technical
skills and business acumen. As a Data Analyst you will generate
insights by conducting extensive analyses of PayPal's rich data. In
the process, you will develop a deep understanding of the payments
business, our site functionality, further strengthen your analytic,
leadership and presentation skills and gain exposure to a wide
variety of functional teams within PayPal.
- Understand how to make data visually appealing and simple to
both navigate and comprehendfor end-users
- Aggregate data from various sources toconstruct streamlined
data pipelines and integrate data from multiple PayPal
- Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track
the progress of the business and its highest priority
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform
analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to
facilitate data driven decision-making
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Finance,
Marketing, Product, Engineering and senior executives
- Lead and participate in special projects/initiatives: innovate
and implement large-scale quality improvements to processes and/or
systems by conducting data analysis and making recommendations,
troubleshooting technical issues, and refining processes around
- Experience with any or multiple of the following : Python,
Java, Tableau, Jupyter Notebooks, Teradata, Hadoop/Hive, Oracle, J
avaScript, SQL, Airflow, Linux, Perl, PHP
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data
structures, and algorithms
- Demonstrated experience, familiarity and ease with handling
large data sets and crunching numbers
- I nformation Retrieval (search/recommendation/classification)
experience or Human Judgment/User Interface experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability
to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively
influence both peers and senior leadership
Internship Program Information and Requirements:
- This is a Summer 2023 Internship program. Spring and Fall 2023
internships are not available.
- Must currently be pursuing Bachelor's or Master's degree in
Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field from an
accredited college or university.
- Must be returning to school in the Fall of 2023.
- Must reside in the U.S. during the Summer internship
- Must be able to obtain authorization to work in the U.S. for
- Note - This job posting is a general advertisement for all
PayPal Summer Software Engineer Internships.
- Applicants will be asked to complete a skills assessment via
- Following the assessment, applicants will hear back from a
University Recruiter with next steps.
Position Location : Varies within U.S. PayPal Office Locations
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive
global economy. And we can't do this without our most important
asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every
stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental
health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care
for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment,
employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To
learn more about our benefits please visit
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment
revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make
financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and
secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million
consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive
in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact
us at email@example.com .
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we
have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements,
based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include
a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role
requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable
accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that
prevents them from being vaccinated.
Keywords: PayPal, San Jose , Data Analyst Intern, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!