Company: Highgate Hotels
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.Residence Inn San Jose
South6111 San Ignacio AveSan Jose, CA 95119The Chief Engineer is
responsible for the day-to-day operations of the engineering
division. In the absence of the Director, the assistant will assume
the administrative, financial and operating aspects of the hotel as
they relate to engineering.
- Assist in developing and implementing plans to maintain
property, equipment, grounds and other assets in a safe and
acceptable state of repair.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and
- Supervise and train all Engineering staff in Customer Service,
Empowerment, Standard Operating Procedures and Loss
- Create and post all Engineering staffs schedules.
- Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
- Assist in developing financial forecasts and actively
participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings.
- Create and implement preventative maintenance program for all
- Ensure all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are
inspected, tested and certified per Highgate Hotel standards.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure
problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliancewith the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Assist with the administration of all vendor contracts
controlled by the engineering department.
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt
and courteous manner.
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact
location and cause.Determine emergency status and report findings
to Front Desk.Take immediate action as necessary.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Support and participate in all Highgate Hotel programs.
- Participate in Highgate Hotel Safety Committee.
- At least 3 years of progressive facilities management
experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college
degree and 1 year of related management experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Stationary Engineers license if required by local code.
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations and general
maintenance skills required.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and
/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.Job ID:
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, San Jose , Chief Engineer, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!