Project Leader - Facilities
Location: San Jose
Posted on: June 26, 2022
LocationSan Jose - CA, USExperience8+ yearsDegreeBachelorJob
CategoryFacility management, Other job categories
Introduction to the jobASML US brings together the most creative
minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines
that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient
microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these
advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading
chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of
their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful
consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the
Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United
States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San
Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.This
position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in
the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. - 730, et seq.).
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such
controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may
require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately
eligible to access controlled technology.Role and
responsibilitiesLeads, coordinates and executes the planning,
design and reconfiguration infrastructure of equipment, buildings,
cleanroom, labs, and other facility spaces. Leads, gathers and
reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications,
company or government restrictions, required completion date, and
construction feasibility. Leads and coordinates with
architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and
preparing layout and detail drawings. Reviews and estimates design
costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials,
preparation, and other related costs. Inspects or directs the
inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure
conformance to established drawings, specifications, and
schedules.Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent
professional level experience with 7+ years related
- Experience working in design engineering and project management
facilities related projects.
- Knowledge and experience in working in, and maintaining ISO5 &
6 cleanroom grade laboratories.
- Solid understanding of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing
systems including process piping.
- Solid understanding in construction processes, coordination and
sequence of work.
- Ability to manage facility projects such as factory equipment,
new construction, infrastructure upgrades, and office/lab
- Reviewing the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and
- Overseeing all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor
compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project,
- Ability to understand business requirements and develop
Statements of Work to meet those requirements.
- Experience with Building Management Systems or equipment
- Knowledge of and experience with reviewing and applying
Federal, state, and local safety regulations.SkillsWorking at the
cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new
problems to solve - and working together is the only way do that.
You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative,
dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive
colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of
view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to
tackle tasks and solve problems.
- To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with multitask
- Technical aptitude and ability to explain technical information
in a clear and concise manner.
- Analytical problem solving - ability to identify problems,
define problem statement clearly and accurately, and apply
structured and disciplined methodology to identify data-driven root
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and web-based
- Strong project management skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Leadership skills.
- Closing skills.
- Key decision making.
- Professionalism.Diversity & InclusionASML is an Equal
Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a
diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to
recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We
recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the
success of our company.Other information
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely
is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard,
finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl,
reach, and stretch.
- Must be able to apply hand manipulation for hand controls, and
perform grasping and wrist/forearm rotation.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- May be required to climb or balance.
- Must be able to use breathing apparatus.
- Schedule may vary considerably to include evenings and weekends
as well as long hours based on business needs.
- May be assigned a compressed or alternate work schedule to meet
- May be assigned an "on call" type work schedule and may be
required to respond to customers with little or no advance
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise
- Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and may be
exposed to toxic gases (Liquid Nitrogen).
- Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.EOE AA
M/F/Veteran/DisabilityNeed to know more about applying for a job at
ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Keywords: ASML, San Jose , Project Leader - Facilities, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!