Location: San Jose
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Position Title: Electrical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting direct hire
opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Analyze requirements, design, and implement electrical
components and controls for a novel medical system.
- Introduce new electronics design tools, including software
applications and test equipment.
- Break down concepts and large/complex problems while meeting
project timelines and goals.
- Troubleshoot root cause electrical issues and provide technical
- Work with Quality Department to author, organize, occasionally
execute, and direct testing procedures to ensure compliance with
design specifications and lifecycle requirements.
- Make technical presentations to the R&D department as
- Write/update/edit SOPs to standardize the product design
- Write new production test procedures to ensure FDA
- Performa basic technical project management functions including
communicating with internal personnel including design, mechanical,
software, and electrical engineering, quality, regulatory, and
operations. External communication includes contract manufacturers,
suppliers, and customers at a technical level.
- Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering or related
- 5 to10+ years of experience in electrical engineering.
- Possess a solid background in the design, manufacturing and
sourcing of electrical components and ability to debug intricate
- Ability to prototype, simulate, debug, and test circuits is
- PCB design and layout experience are required.
- Experience with both high and low power electronics is
- Experience integrating and controlling actuators (e.g., DC
motors, illumination, valves, laser pumping).
- Experience integrating sensors (e.g., cameras, pressure/vacuum,
touch, encoders, optos).
- Experience working with microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of IEC/UL-60601 and related standards is
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both
technical and non-technical individuals and to work on fast paced,
high quality, iterative projects, strong teamwork, and
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office tools, e.g., MS Word,
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering
and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and
Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a
positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as
our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work
opportunities for our candidates.
Keywords: Protingent, San Jose , Electrical Engineer, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!