Technician, Engineering II
Company: Canon USA
Location: San Jose
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Location: US-CA-San JoseRequisition ID: 24465Category: Field
ServicePosition Type: Full-TimeOverview
Are you seeking an opportunity to work with today's most advanced
thin film processing tools? Anelva tools have been delivering
cutting edge performance in thin films deposition (PVD) and
enabling our customers to manufacture the most advanced hard disks
and volatile memories/nonvolatile memories. We have an exciting
opportunity in San Jose, CA to directly interface with customers to
support their Anelva equipment in the field, which includes
troubleshooting and installations.
This position performs technical support of the high vacuum
equipment for PVD and related robotics. The individual must
understand vacuum technology, general practices, and procedures
within the semiconductor field and be able to apply such skills
fluently to perform field service duties at customer's clean room.
In addition, provide on-call technical support, which may require
off shift work.
- Responsible to monitor, inspect, setup, calibrate, and maintain
semiconductor process equipment in the field to prevent equipment
- Troubleshoot hardware and software related issues and implement
- Collect data for software related issues and discuss with
headquarter in Japan.
- Accurately document all maintenance activity and provide field
- Install equipment control software and maintain record of
software revision history.
- Participate in the installation of equipment at customers'
- Monitor stock level of service parts and equipment to ensure
adequate inventory is available for repair work.
- Provide training and assistance to other technicians.
- Effectively communicate with customers, Canon USA and
Canon-Anelva Japan employees,
- Escalate serious or complicated repair problems to senior level
- 2-3 years of experience with PVD or semiconductor vacuum
equipment with AS degree is required, Bachelor's degree in
engineering is preferred.
- Candidates without AS or BS may be considered with equivalent
experience in the same field
- Multi chamber cluster systems and robotics experience is highly
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings for
- Experience with PLC and other software applications is a plus
- Ability to work independently following 3-6 months of on the job
- Must have analytical skills for problem analysis and
- Decide on problem solving road map and follow methodical means to
- Decide and recommend spare and consumable parts for PM's and
- Job may require domestic travel up to 25% and international
travel for training.
- May require considerable travel throughout sales territory (valid
driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary).
Additionally, because this position requires driving for company
business as an essential function of the job, must remain in
compliance with company safety guidelines and policies
- Position may require ability to work flexible shifts
- Requires ability to lift approx. 50 lbs.
- Bilingual Communication skills helpful but not required.
- Substantial amount of standing, walking, typing, grasping,
talking and hearing.
Substantial amount of driving required, sometime for multiple hours
at a time.
Occasionally kneeling, crouching, stooping, reaching, pushing,
pulling and climbing stairs or ladder.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity with or without
corrective lenses for extensive reading; visual inspection
involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines
(including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly
or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Working primarily in a cleanroom environment (wearing full clean
room suit, facemask, gloves, safety glasses)
The work Environment may include a variety of physical conditions
such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current,
working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals,
ultraviolet light and lasers, working in enclosed spaces, close
quarters, narrow aisles or passageways.
The work environment may include working in highly time sensitive
situations requiring quick resolution including equipment
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of
consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging
solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the
Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global
revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third
overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018- and is one of Fortune
Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is
committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and
loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for
all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon
U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and
environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas
Headquarters secured LEED- Gold certification, a recognition for
the design, construction, operations and maintenance of
high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest
news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by
visiting and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries,
please contact .
- Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of
their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site , we
cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our
current postings, please visit us at .
#PM19 #CUSA #LI-NF1 #CBNR
Keywords: Canon USA, San Jose , Technician, Engineering II, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!