Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial
services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to
democratizing financial services and empowering people and
businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open
digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account
holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful
ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in
person. Through a combination of technological innovation and
strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and
move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending
payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200
markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree,
Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in
more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold
balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary:
Expert in defining domain architecture, technology strategy in
alignment with enterprise architecture, business requirements and
technology roadmaps. Provide technical leadership, mentoring and
governance to the engineering teams.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership, define
architecture best practices and work with Engineering and Product
counterparts across the organization.
- Lead multiple complex business domains and lead architecture
strategy and innovation for these domains.
- Lead and Mentor engineers, work with managers and operations to
ensure that systems meets reliability, accuracy and performance
- Drive both technology and product innovation through rapid
prototyping and iterative development.
- Innovate in Compliance FinTech/RegTech space to improve overall
efficacy and efficiencies using state of the art technologies
(machine learning, block chain and others)
- Collaborates with leadership across the board to effectively to
deliver solutions and projects.
- Work with remote geographic and cross functional teams to build
quality and timely solutions.
- Responsible for developing multi-year platform strategy and
products roadmap, including architecture blueprints.
- 15+ years of experience in product platform design,
architectural leadership for FinTech and RegTech, consumer facing
platforms engineering teams.
- Deep hands on experience in complex system design, object
oriented system design, scale, performance tuning in Java and
related technologies.Deep hands on experience in API design, REST,
RPC and micro-service architecture.
- Deep hands on experience in variety of software
Python, Kafka, and various SQL and noSQL databases and cloud
- Demonstrated experience with BigData technologies (Hadoop
ecosystem, Spark and others).
- Demonstrated experience with innovation in RegTech/FinTech
space using state of the art technologies (machine learning, block
chain and others) - patents, published papers and others.
- Demonstrated experience in building product platform
as-a-service, SaaS and multi-tenant deployments.
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex business problems
using AI / ML technologies, specifically in NLP area
- Experience presenting to and working with C-level
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and
adapt to new product flows and software technologies.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative
- Acute attention to detail and well-developed organization and
time management skills.
- Strong communication skills - including ability to listen to
the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate
issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in
both oral and written presentations to all levels in the
- Team-oriented approach - can effectively lead a project or
participate as an effective team member as well as work
cross-functionally with other organizations.
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large,
complex, fast-paced organization; ability to handle multiple
projects under pressure.
- Strong innovation acumen with expertise in enterprise software
development stack, industry tech best practices and data driven
decisioning / machine learning.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for
how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One
Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical
standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to
treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and
respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and
find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial
empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
REQ ID R
Keywords: PayPal, San Jose , Principal Architect, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!