Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The Opportunity "Come join our product development team to
provide thought leadership and innovation. This role provides the
opportunity to develop a deep understanding of our business, work
closely with product management to architect, design and develop a
highly feature rich product." - VP, Software Engineering. What
- Lead the architecture and design of cloud-enabled products,
weighing both technical and business factors, as well as the
trade-offs between immediate needs and a long-term vision for an
elegant and maintainable design
- Empower distributed and remote development teams with framework
implementations, knowledge sharing, and sustainable practices.
- Support the development of strategy, frameworks, best practices
and patterns for the development organization
- Troubleshoot critical issues that may involve many systems in a
- Help drive complex technical projects from planning through
- Nurture engineers to think with architecture and design best
practices in mind, including aspects such as performance,
scalability, maintainability, and security.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and
- Develop strategies to realize significant cost savings with
reusability and solve issues of software quality
- Partner with other architects and engineering leadership to
collaborate, design and validate appropriate engineering solutions
and proof of concepts
- Recommend and participate in activities related to the design,
development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture (EA).
What We're Seeking
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science or related
- Solid software engineering background, with 10+ years of
experience developing enterprise-scale web/cloud-based commercial
- At least 3 years in a technical leadership role across all
stacks (front-end and back-end).
- Expertise in authoring, reviewing, and presenting technical
documentation including technical requirements documents,
architecture diagrams, and sequence/flow diagrams.
- Proficiency in software design and in mentoring and reviewing
the designs and code of others
- Deep understanding of Cloud Native and Microservices
- Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large
distributed systems with microservices.
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique
complex technological issues.
- Experience in Java development, especially standard Java
application frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Experience working in Data Engineering tools such as Kafka,
Spark, NOSQL Databases, in-memory datastore such as redis,
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes & AWS technologies
- Experience with versioning systems (such as Git), build tools
(such as Maven, Jenkins).
- Experience with Agile methodologies and JIRA
- Ability to work well as part of a geographically diverse
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Keywords: FICO, San Jose , Senior Architect, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!