Company: Hope Services
Location: San Jose
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Location: San Jose, CATeam: Retail Services - Retail Team /Work
Represents Hope Services at our retail thrift store and is
responsible for greeting and assisting donors; unloading, perform
initial quality assessment of merchandise, sort the merchandise and
ensure that the donation receiving area operates efficiently.
Provide support services by working with individuals with
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of
the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for
carrying out the following functions:
1) Greets donors in a courteous manner.
2) Unloads donations from vehicles, offers tax receipts, and
maintains accurate daily donor counts.
3) Keeps the area observed by donors neat, clean, and well
4) Pre-sorts donated goods and places items into the designated
material handling equipment.
5) Transfer material handling equipment to the area to be sorted,
graded, and hung.
6) Perform quality control, and dispose of unsellable merchandise
according to store's disposal policies.
7) Place priced items on display, maintain neatness and cleanliness
8) Maintains acceptable attendance, personal hygiene, and dress
9) Works closely with store management and other associates to
ensure donations reach the sales floor in a timely manner.
10) Cleans up all work areas at the end of each shift.
11) Demonstrates good works habits for employees and program
participants, maintaining a positive attitude towards the operation
of the entire facility, and is a positive role model for
individuals receiving rehabilitation services.
12) Ensures all safety rules are adhered to. Reports accidents or
13) Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding Hope
14) May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications :
High School Diploma or Equivalent, plus experience working in a
retail, thrift, or clothing store.
Reports To: Production Manager
Supervisory Responsibility : None
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1) Ability to make quick decisions regarding merchandise
2) Ability to read, write and speak English (preferred) and have a
basic math aptitude.
3) Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
4) Must be able to work flexible hours.
5) Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
with supervisors, co-workers, customers, donors, and persons
6) Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a neat,
clean, and well-groomed appearance.
7) Ability to provide support services by working with people with
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Constant physical activity, lifting, moving
and sorting large loads of materials all day long. May be exposed
to dirt and dust.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in
maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other
protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements,
Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment. PI130681631
Keywords: Hope Services, San Jose , Material Handler, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!