Contract Operations Production/Program Manager
Company: Lumentum Operations
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 23, 2020
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
POSITION TITLE: Production/Program Manager - Specialty
REPORTING TO: Vice President Operations, US Fabs
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
THE COMPANY: Lumentum
Lumentum is a global leader in technology and products including
optical components, modules and subsystems for the
telecommunications, commercial lasers and 3-D sensing markets, with
growth opportunities in the company's transmission, transport, data
communications, commercial lasers and 3-D sensing businesses.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position, reporting to the VP Operations, US Fabs, will lead
the Specialty Modulator Assembly operation and manage the
production ramp up at the Automation Specialty Fab in San Jose. The
role will be accountable for staffing, cycle time, and on time
delivery, as well as leading a cross-functional team, including
production, engineering, equipment, quality, and IT to convert an
engineering pilot line to a "volume" production line in order to
complete a last time build of product. This position will play a
key role in resolving production ramp roadblocks, and working with
engineering to implement processes and systems to enable
- Responsible for all aspects of Specialty Product manufacturing
- Lead and motivate team
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes to
ensure orderly and timely transitions in material and production
- Ensure on time shipments and customer commitments are met.
- Drive alignment across all functions to improve operational
visibility and drive appropriate business actions; highlight trends
and analyze causes of unexpected variance in actuals vs.
- Regularly hold feedback sessions with teams to develop
- Adopt a culture of measure, monitor and control
Key SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Operations Management or Technically oriented graduate degree
is required with a minimum of 5 - 8 years of experience in
- Strong operational management skills with the ability to
establish plans and forecast and to meet commitments.
- Experience of leading production volume ramp up from an R&D
or engineering pilot line would be a plus
- Track record of on time delivery, efficiency, and reduction in
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Fluent in MS Office tools - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- U.S. Citizen work authorization required, per ITAR
Lumentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
Keywords: Lumentum Operations, San Jose , Contract Operations Production/Program Manager, Professions , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!