Assistant Distribution Center Manager - 4 am Inbound
Company: HD Supply
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: August 2, 2020
Company Overview Join our leadership team and help to build our
'One Team' culture in our Sacramento, CA! We're seeking a hands-on
Assistant Distribution Center Manager to directly manage
approximately 3 leads and 20+ associates. You will oversee
our 4 am Shipping department and be responsible for selecting,
coaching and developing our warehouse associates. PREFERRED
- BS/BA degree is a plus, but not required.
- 4+ year's experience in a distribution operations
- 2+ years supervisory experience of leads and
- Strong analytical and process improvement experience.
- Inbound and/or Outbound, Receiving and/or Shipping, inventory,
pick-pack, ship, line-haul, LTL.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- SAP or similar warehouse management software experience.
- Warehouse equipment to include forklift, pallet jacks, order
picker, pick to voice, conveyor.
- MS Office proficiency, strong MS Excel.
- Flexibility to work various hours. HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (
www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in
North America. The company provides a broad range of products and
value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with
leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and
specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations
across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's
approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven
services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship
options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that
contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to
the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part
of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness,
diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the
company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Responsible for leading the distribution personnel as a
team to ensure all safety, quality, packaging, receipt and shipment
standards, and operational goals are attained. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Ensures safety, productivity and quality in all distribution
- Designs, develops and manages the distribution department
- Refurbishes and enhances site infrastructure and equipment to
support site efforts in growth and meeting objectives.
- Continues efforts to build maintenance performance metrics and
train all staff in those measures to optimize performance and
return on investment.
- Ensures associates have the tools and training necessary to do
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company
policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level
professional associates. Work Environment
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as
dust, fumes, or odors.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
5+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
Preferred Qualifications PRID PRID108 Job Locations US-CA-West
Sacramento Posted Date 3 days ago (7/27/2020 4:22 PM) Job ID
2020-38667 Business Unit Facilities Maintenance Functional Area
Operations Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting
Location : Postal Code 95691 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, San Jose , Assistant Distribution Center Manager - 4 am Inbound, Professions , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!