Company: Plaza Construction
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Plaza is currently seeking a Lead Superintendent with extensive
knowledge and experience working on Data Centers working from our
San Jose, CA locations.
As a Lead Superintendent you will lead, direct and coordinate the
work of subcontractors and/or Plaza trade labor. The Superintendent
is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of
work performed and adherence to budget of the project, with a goal
of project completion for the complete scope or for a specific area
of work or trade discipline. As well as oversee and make decisions
related to the scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control,
trade employee staffing levels, and general conditions
Essential Tasks & Duties of the Lead Superintendent:
- Having complete knowledge of all contracts, subcontract
documents, drawings and specifications, shop drawings, schedules,
labor agreements and local codes.
- Managing labor relations with subcontractors and Plaza trade
- Overseeing work among trades to promote a coordinated project
operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures,
precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment,
schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Responsible for ensuring trades' adherence to the terms of the
- Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance
with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Executing QA/QC processes, including but not limited to all
third-party special inspections.
- Ensuring all necessary permits and insurance are in place and
kept current for the term of the project. Acting as liaison to
- Managing the overall site safety program as required and
ensuring subcontractor compliance with Plaza standards and all
applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work.
Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain project
- Organizing and leading trade subcontractor meetings to discuss
safety, scheduling, quality, and other relevant matters.
- Communicating with owners, trades, and architects/engineers in
connection with field issues. Investigating and resolving such
- Reporting to the project team with regard to work in place, and
overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls,
material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Responsible for timely notification and documentation to
support resolution of back charges and change orders.
- Responsible for reviewing and vetting field tickets and
submitting to Project Superintendent.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, assuming
responsibility for close-outs, including TCOs, as-builts, local
agency sign-offs, punch lists, etc.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of daily
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the
ability to manage multiple tasks, manage project teams, produce
quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful
candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 7-10 years' related
experience or an equivalent combination of education, training
- Knowledge of building construction means and methods,
scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general
conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications.
Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with
computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents,
drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess OSHA 10 certification.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a
flexible benefits package that reflects our respect to your
workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal
priorities. The benefits program includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(K) retirement planning with employer matching
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training & Professional Development
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program including sick and
- Transit/parking program
- Much More!
Plaza Construction, LLCPLAZA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Plaza Construction, San Jose , Lead Superintendent, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!