Sr. IT Specialist
Company: Apex Systems
Location: San Jose
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Job #: 1010750
Senior IT Specialist
6 month contract to hire
San Jose, CA
Local Financial Institution
Must have: Level 2/Level 3 Service Desk experience with standard
End User technologies & processes, including:
- Daily assessment of ticket queue & disposition of tickets.
- Excellent communication - both verbal, in-person and written,
in order to interact with IT and Non-IT staff/customers.
- O365/Microsoft, AD, MS Exchange distribution groups.
- Provisioning, Imaging, Configuring, Installing new Endpoints &
Access: Windows now, will be including Mac soon, AD, VPN, etc.
- Troubleshooting End User and System/Server issues, ability to
assess, recommend, document, route, prioritize Incidents
(something's broken), and Requests (Password reset, On boarding,
Off boarding, Employee Change for example).
- Has heard of ITIL, ITSM, ITOM, ServiceNow - bonus if direct
- Experience assessing/supporting App/Service availability,
up-time. Bonus if BC/DR experience.
- Proactive whenever possible, rather than reactive - has an
opinion/experience regarding how to do either.
- Can organize, launch, deliver initiatives.
- Familiar with entire SDLC lifecycle:
- Familiar with Cloud/Virtualization technologies.
- Ability to do 7x24 on call and off hours emergency support on a
- Technical degree, training, certification, or equivalent
Desired or Extraneous Factors:
- Level2 or Level3 Service Desk experience.
- Upgrades/Maintenance, for example ensure all endpoints current
with security patches & virus definitions.
- Experience supporting internal/external Audit. Familiar with
compliance standards/laws: PCI, PII, SOX, GDPR.
- Can lead, organize, support rolling out strategic enterprise
initiatives, and system changes, which may include office moves,
mass system upgrades, and special projects.
- Financial/banking services experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.
Keywords: Apex Systems, San Jose , Sr. IT Specialist, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!