Sr. Community Engagement Specialist
Company: WESTERN DENTAL SERVICES
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Requisition Number 19-2680 Title Sr. Community Engagement
Specialist City San Jose State CA Zip Code 95050 DescriptionThis
full- time position serves as an important driver in the community
engagement department and is a key role in the design and
implementation of programs, events, and services related to our
community engagement initiatives. This role is responsible for
planning and coordinating community outreach activities, including
quarterly networking forums, community town hall meetings,
stakeholder meetings educational seminars, and health fairs The
Senior, Community Engagement Specialist reports into the
Engagement Leadership Team.
- Serves as a Company representative for community
- Attends health and community fairs and health promotion
- Conducts presentations for community-based organizations to
increase awareness about the Company's programs and services and
develops processes to increase traffic and appointments to the
Western Dental Clinics.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with relevant
community groups and implementing tactical elements of
- Planning and organizing large scale community events within the
- Fosters beneficial relationships with business partners,
potential clients, and business contacts in order to attract new
business and enhancing organization reputation
- Ensuring a series of concurrent projects with competing
deadlines and pressures are delivered with high quality, on time
and on budget
- Building trust and rapport with people from diverse backgrounds
- Working independently; as well as part of a team is
- Ensuring community engagement and partnership strategies are
strongly aligned with organizational goals - and that perspectives
from our network of community partners help inform organizational
- Develops and executes a strategy for discovering and securing
new business opportunities either locally or regionally
- Evaluates, determines, and realizes monthly business growth
- Management of on-site events and community programs
- Organizing and monitoring logistical plans to implement both
new and ongoing initiatives.
- Ensuring adherence to established project timelines and
- Providing logistical support for on- and off-site events,
performances and programs as needed.
- Liaise with all departments of the organization to support
- Other duties may be assigned or changed at the discretion of
- Strong intra/interpersonal, people skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- 3+ years related experience, strong public
speaking/presentations skills, ability to work in a fast-paced,
team-oriented environment. Previous dental or healthcare marketing,
sales and/or grassroots/community outreach experience a
- Technology skills including expertise with Microsoft Office and
database management; willingness to learn new applications and
identify innovative ways for technology to support organizational
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple
priorities, and able to react and adjust quickly to changing
- Ability to manage, plan, and organize projects of varying
complexity in an efficient and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
and comfortable on the telephone.
- Ability to organize, motivate and collaborate with co-workers,
specialized personnel, volunteers, artists and community members
from all backgrounds.
- Must be culturally aware/sensitive, customer-focused,
energetic, and enthusiastic
- Be able to analyze and report on tasks, programs and events
effectively and efficiently to supervisor
- Expected to interpret organizational and professional policies,
making them relevant to operational duties.
- Requires a valid California Driver's License with appropriate
state-required insurance coverage.
- Travel up to 70%
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
Keywords: WESTERN DENTAL SERVICES, San Jose , Sr. Community Engagement Specialist, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!