Account Executive, Diagnostics
Company: Siemens Healthineers
Location: San Jose
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 238961
Primary Location: United States-California-San Jose
Other Locations: United States-California-Modesto, United
States-California-Fremont, United States-California-Santa Clara
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for
engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and
internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology
company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this
setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and
established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions:
Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management,
Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world's
largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a
leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare
IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical
consulting, training, and services available across the globe and
tailored to customers' needs. So that more people can have a life
that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit:
Job Description:At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about
enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient
care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company,
Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of
medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new
offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT
services – as well as further technologies in the growing market
for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better
patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the
confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and
financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Account Executive role is a field based position serving as the
key point of contact for Siemens customers. Overall responsibility
for selling products, services, solutions to new and/or existing
customers directly or through sales channels and establishing
and/or maintaining customer relationships.
The Account Executive reports to the Regional VP.
- Provide "one face to the customer", quarterback within account.
Single point of contact for all customer needs.
- Assumes product ownership and responsibility of all diagnostic
business units with basic understanding of the products and
positioning against the competition.
- Develops relationship with base of customers to maintain and
grow diagnostic reagent business in Chemistry, Immunoassay,
Hematology, Hemostasis, and Urinalysis.
- Effective utilization of resources, both internal and external,
to maintain and grow relationships to accomplish goals.
Financial management responsibility
- Qualifies prospect and exchange instrument opportunity before
bringing in Instrument Specialist. Tracks and manages sales
- Identifies and develops prospect opportunities for all product
- Accountable to drive all product line revenue in territory.
- Shared responsibility with all Specialists to maximize capital
- Develops and implements strategic plans for accounts, in line
with company objectives, to grow revenue in a profitable way both
short and long term.
- Updates reagent trending reports to ensure accuracy in reagent
- Manage quoting and proposal process as well as delivery to the
customer in collaboration with Instrument specialist. Request
quotes from Instrument Specialist.
- Manages customer compliance on reagent contracts and works to
develop plans when customers are not meeting commitments.
- Conducts Business Reviews with top customers or when
- Responsible for forecasting revenue and unit opportunities in
Customer relationship responsibility
- Establish relationship with customers vertically from bench
tech to c-suite. Develops trust and establishes credibility with
diagnostic section heads and lab management. Maintains relationship
with Materials Management, as well as C-suite.
- Develops a complete understanding of the organization's
structure and key buying influences of assigned accounts.
- Orchestrates customer presentations and demonstrations, with
specialist, articulating the value proposition of product /
solution / service offerings.
- Problem resolution - assumes ownership of account issues and
uses appropriate resources.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, Experience:
- BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree, equivalent
combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Geographically accessibility to territory.
- Proven history of successful sales with 3-5 years of experience
in the healthcare industry.
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate across
all levels of an organization (internal and external).
- Ability to manage and resolve complex business problems; at
times in the absence of existing procedures or practices.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, Experience:
- High degree of business acumen to include standard competencies
(financial, market positioning, healthcare industry, and customer),
in order to make sound decisions.
- Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts,
practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and
- Ability of develop an understanding of product knowledge on all
- Demonstrated organization skills.
Keywords: Siemens Healthineers, San Jose , Account Executive, Diagnostics, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!