Global Value Lead - CNS
Company: Jazz Pharma
Location: San Jose
Posted on: July 16, 2019
Overview: Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international
biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by
identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products
that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our
commercial product portfolio and our research and development
pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and
hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding
of the patient journey and a suite of products and product
candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team.
If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering
commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to
work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know
Jazz Pharmaceuticals. Responsibilities: Summary: This role will be
accountable for building a value demonstration capability and for
leading global, cross-functional efforts to develop robust and
innovative value propositions for molecules across Jazz's
- Accountable for embedding the value demonstration operating
model across the organization, working cross functionally to
develop the value proposition of key assets, and building the value
- Lead and design global stakeholder research to understand
primary value drivers and requirements for early access and,
post-approval, reimbursement and adoption across all products.
- Drive alignment across the global organization on the most
impactful value proposition and mobilize each function to deliver
the content required from their functions.
- Identify data gaps and data requirements necessary for
reimbursement submissions and competitive messaging.
- Develop innovative and actionable value demonstration plans for
- Coordinate execution of a plan to address identified gaps
through HEOR studies, publications, messaging and influencing.
- Work with market research and competitive intelligence to
ensure regular updates to inform individual product indications and
implications on market access and uptake.
- Thoroughly evaluate the anticipated outcomes of key Health
Technology Assessment (HTA) body evaluations and their implications
for value positioning and evidence requirements. Help shape ongoing
evidence generation plans accordingly.
- Contribute to protocol design to ensure relevant study design
and endpoints in the clinical development plan that will help
demonstrate maximal product value.
- Effectively liaise with Medical Affairs and brand team as well
as global teams, creating an efficient working style within a
diverse organizational matrix.
- Identify relevant and commercially attractive assets (including
price potential) in the product pipeline in terms of potential
value, as well as market need compared to existing or upcoming
therapeutic alternatives in the respective indications.Preferred
- At least 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience,
including significant experience in reimbursement, market access,
outcomes research and/or health economics.
- Experience in US and EU/RoW markets.
- In-depth understanding of payers and their perspectives in key
worldwide markets, as well as trends in pricing and
- Preferably has multi-year experience with health authorities,
governmental economists and reimbursement agencies, hospital
administrators and health care insurance companies' general
management, acquired at pharmaceutical companies, sickness funds,
physician associations or health care consultancy companies.
- Solid scientific background, with the ability to interpret and
critique clinical study protocols, relevant clinical endpoints, and
the impact of these on payers and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to identify early opportunities and threats in the
market and create solutions to benefit from opportunities and to
- Ability to identify key product advantages in the context of
market requirements and provide ideas for developing individual
value stories around the company's products.
- Strong influencing/negotiation skills and the ability to work
at peer-level with experienced technical and commercial experts in
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication
skills, with the ability to communicate complex or technical
content in a convincing way to non-technical audiences.
- Experienced and adept at navigating international,
multi-lingual, and cross-functional organizational matrices within
a diverse and cross-cultural work environment
- Experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously and
delivering results in a timely manner.Education Requirements
- BS/BA Required, Graduate level (Master or higher) training in
economics, business, pharmacy, or another scientific discipline,
strongly preferred. Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by
Keywords: Jazz Pharma, San Jose , Global Value Lead - CNS, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!