Senior People Business Partner
Company: Second Harvest Food Bank
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Job Location: Cypress - San Jose, CA
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Salary Range: $108,065.00 - $127,135.00 Salary
Job Category: Human Resources
Description About Second Harvest Food Bank
Founded in 1974, Second Harvest of Silicon Valley is one of the
largest food banks in the nation and a trusted nonprofit leader in
ending local hunger. The organization distributes nutritious
groceries through a network of more than 300 partners at drive-thru
and walk-up sites across Santa Clara and San Mateo counties. Due to
the prohibitively expensive cost of living in Silicon Valley and
the economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, hunger is at
an all-time high. Second Harvest is now serving an average of about
500,000 people every month, twice as many people as it reached
pre-pandemic. Second Harvest also connects people to federal
nutrition programs and other food resources, and advocates for
anti-hunger policies on the local, state and national levels. To
learn more about how Second Harvest is responding to the incredible
amount of need in Silicon Valley, visit shfb.org.
About the Position
We are looking for a strategic Sr. People & Business Partner with a
passion for our mission to guide our management and staff in the
Operations, Supply Chain, Facilities, Volunteer Production Services
organizations. You will drive initiatives and conversations around
organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, organizational
design, employee engagement, culture strategies, and change
management by partnering with the leaders in those organizations,
the Director and CPIO of HR.
This job might be for you if:
- You are passionate about ending hunger and want to create a
culture of belonging, equity and an excellent employee
- You enjoy managing a wide variety of human resources tasks and
are comfortable with thinking analytically and
- You are detailed oriented, and process driven, and can see the
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, prefer
to work in a collaborative manner as much as possible.
- Provide strategic partnership and support in organizational
design and development including succession strategy, talent
development, employee engagement, change management processes, and
talent acquisition strategy and planning
- Identify and address critical organizational and people issues,
and remove barriers impeding the success
- Play a pivotal role in leading and managing a dedicated team.
You will be responsible for guiding the performance and
collaboration efforts of the HRBP team.
- Identify and develop diverse key talent and ensure they are
provided with experiences that enable development and
- Play a leadership role in how Human Resources can support and
create a more inclusive culture with equitable and accessible HR
- Build performance management capabilities by coaching leaders
to effectively address performance issues and deliver effective
- Deliver HR programs to the business, such as performance
management, engagement surveys, and talent assessment
- Strategize with management and VP of HR methods to minimize
employee relations issues within the workforce
- Provide full range of labor relations services to Operations
department, including labor- management contract negotiations and
administration, grievance handling, disciplinary actions, dispute
resolution, training and research
- Build and maintain constructive relations with labor
- Serve as the main point of contact between the company and
- Negotiate collective bargaining agreement to ensure fair and
- Represent the company in union meetings, grievances and
The ideal candidate will possess the following professional
- 2+ years of Union experience.
- Ability to establish relationships and collaborative
partnerships (internal and external) at all levels of the
- Strong leadership and team management
- Exhibit strong leadership and influencing skills, and design,
implement, and lead change management initiatives
- Functional experience and proven success in Talent Acquisition
and management practices
- Knowledge of laws relating to labor relations; techniques of
dispute resolution; grievance handling and administration.
- Proven ability to remain flexible and agile in an ever-changing
- Willingness to learn, grow and tackle expanded duties as
business needs evolve
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to take sizable
problems and break them into small manageable pieces
- Excellent meeting design and facilitation skills
- Superb judgment and integrity, including excellent
decision-making skills and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work both tactically and strategically to get
business needs met
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills, and
skilled in use of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and
- 5+ years of HR Business Partner experience
Director of People Experience
Second Harvest of Silicon Valley, Cypress Center, 4001 North
First Street, San Jose, CA 95134
This is a hybrid position. Specifics of work location will depend
on department need.
An employee's regular remote work site should be within driving
distance of one of Second Harvest's locations and must be within
the state of California.
Full-Time. Exempt. 40 hours/week, with some evening and weekend
work as necessary.
$108,065 - $127,135is the wage range for this position.
Thesalarywage offer will be commensurate with skills and
experience. Outstanding and generous health benefits program, 4-5
weeks of Flexible Time Off (vacation and sick), eleven paid
holidays, and retirement plan.
SH Covid-19 Vaccine Policy
Second Harvest Food Bank places great importance on the safety of
its employees and customers. Therefore, in line with the CDC and
state and local recommendations, Second Harvest requires as a
condition of employment that employees have received full and
effective COVID vaccines prior to commencing employment. In
accordance with applicable law, Second Harvest will consider good
faith requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical
disability or sincerely held religious belief.
Second Harvest is committed to being an equal opportunity employer
which values diversity. Under-represented groups are encouraged to
apply for all positions.
Keywords: Second Harvest Food Bank, San Jose , Senior People Business Partner, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!