Community Liaison at Branham High School
Company: Campbell Union High School District
Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 26, 2023
District/Site Support Staff/Community Liaison
Branham High School
Calendar and Compensation
- $37,113.58 - $52,223.21 annually (CSEA Range 4.1)
- 211 days, 8 hours per day
- Bilingual (Spanish) signing incentive of up to $2,000.00
- Bilingual (Spanish) stipend of $100.00 monthly
- Generous health benefit options, including several that require
no employee contribution for full family coverage General
Under general supervision, serve as liaison between site personnel,
students, parents, public agencies, community agencies and groups;
perform a variety of tasks to assist non-English speaking students
and their families, focusing on the Latino community, in accessing
school and community services and improve home/school
communication; and perform other related duties as assigned. This
classification requires extensive student, parent, and public
interaction, and familiarity with community residents and
resources. Incumbents are required to possess oral and written
fluency in the specified language, which is Spanish.
- Acts as liaison to Latino community.
- Assists ELA/ELD (English Language Acquisition/English Language
Development) Department Chair and (English Learner Content
Specialist) in data collection and monitoring student
- Assists with ELAC (English Learner Advisory Committee) and
DELAC (District English Learner Advisory Committee).
- Assists underrepresented parent groups in gaining the skills
needed to participate in and support the educational process; and
to recruit parent volunteers as appropriate.
- Assists with assessments, cumulative file audits,
reclassifications, financial aid, and other applications (i.e. Free
and Reduced-Meal forms) and orientations for new students.
- Attends IEP's and provides translation services and other
written communications to parents.
- Communicates with EL parents, Latino community, and provides
translation for Latino community.
- Establishes and maintains lines of communication among
students, parents, school, and the community; advises parents of
school resources and policies.
- May respond to crisis or emergency situations as directed by
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required by the
- Represents district and assigned schools to the community.
Attends community meetings to represent the District and to gain an
understanding of what activities in the community have an impact on
- Works with principal and ELA/ELD Department Chairs, (EL Content
Specialist) and - to provide translations of school and district
documents, and other written communications to assigned school(s)
- Works with the Director of Curriculum and Instruction and EL
Content Specialist to facilitate EL Parent Organizations/Clubs and
EL parent meetings.
- Attends evening meetings and workshops.
- Performs other duties related to job description as assigned by
Who we are
Campbell Union High School District, located in the heart of the
Silicon Valley, is a small, close knit district committed to
ensuring every student is ready for the future. We strive to be
data-informed and focused on results, while promoting humanity,
kindness, and personal responsibility. We are proud to provide a
supportive environment of collaboration among our staff.
We know that high quality teachers, administrators and staff are
key to our students' success and are working to retain and recruit
passionate and effective talent.
We are an equal opportunity employer, are committed to racial
equity and social justice, and we make a particular effort to
recruit people who identify as Black, Indigenous, and people of
color to apply for open positions.
- Community and school resources and services available to
students and families.
- Cultural norms, customs, and challenges associated with
Spanish-speaking students/families in our community.
- Group facilitation techniques.
- School district policies and processes.
- Effective oral and written communication strategies.
- Technology as an effective communication tool and report
generator (email, word processing, student information systems,
- Work effectively with students and adults in individual and
- Develop and maintain rapport with students.
- Work cooperatively with school district officials and community
- Deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential
- Demonstrate proficiency in appropriate foreign language.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Prepare concise oral and written reports.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
- Exercise sound judgment and work effectively under
- Learn school district policies and procedures.
- Learn State regulations governing student attendance.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those
contacted in the performance of duties.
- Take notes and write reports.
- Work flexible schedule as needed to attend evening events.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma and/or equivalent.
- One year working with students, parents, and social service
agencies, or in positions requiring frequent interaction with the
public is desirable.
- Bilingual - Spanish language required.
Environment: Office environment
The physical characteristics described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to:
- Lift, carry, push or pull items with a strength factor of up to
- Hear and speak in audible tones to exchange information in
person or on the telephone.
- Have mobility sufficient to move about, stand, and/or sit for
extended periods, and access all locations in the work
- Have flexibility and strength to reach with hands and arms,
reach above shoulder level as necessary and, be able to bend and
- Have manual dexterity to appropriately control and manipulate
objects, materials, and equipment used on the job, including
telephone and computer.
- Ability to drive to all district facilities and necessary
meetings and conferences.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions in the work
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by the employee within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required for this
It is the policy of Campbell Union High School District (CUHSD) to
provide equal opportunity for all individuals in education and
employment. District programs and activities shall be free from
discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying based on
actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color,
ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group
identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical
or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or any other
characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Penal Code
422.55, or Government Code 11135, or based on association with a
person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived
characteristics (Board Policy 5145.3 and 4030 through 4032).
Keywords: Campbell Union High School District, San Jose , Community Liaison at Branham High School, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...