Location: San Jose
Posted on: May 26, 2023
$19.25 - $20.00 / hour
Reporting to the Operations Manager/Transportation Manager, the Mover II physically lifts, carries and/or pushes furniture, equipment, and cartons on wheels to and from trucks, offices and warehouses as requested by the customer. May assist in loading and offloading trucks from docks and/or on a lift-gate and setting & offsetting goods on equipment. Responsible to produce a quality move for the customer. Assists the move process by communicating with Driver, Lead Foreman, Driver Foreman, Supervisors or Project Managers, the end users/customer, and other crewmembers. Uses extreme care not to damage goods or facilities during the move.
This position is also responsible for reporting and escalating any related issues about the job to the Driver, Lead Foreman, Driver Foreman, Supervisor or Project Manager. Typically obtains daily site work role assignments from the Driver, Lead Foreman, Driver Foreman, Supervisor, or Project Manager, however, has a dotted line to the Dispatcher, Operations Supervisor and directly reports to the Operations Manager/Transportation Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks for start time (for next day's work schedule) with dispatch daily.
- Arrives at Corovan dispatch office (or on-site), in complete uniform every day.
- Obtains daily work assignments from dispatch or operations manager.
- Pushes, pulls, lifts, carries, and moves furniture, equipment and boxes as required on various floors and sometimes up and down stairs.
- Assists Drivers loading and unloading trucks using a ramp, dock, or lift-gate.
- Properly loads and unloads trucks from loading dock, using ramps or on lift-gates to protect goods being moved and occasionally supervises other movers doing the same. Completes all paperwork accurately and neatly and turns into operations daily.
- Handles and stages product, performs detail work and trash-out functions on install projects.
- Trains Mover I employees with guidance from Driver, Lead Foreman, Driver Foreman, Supervisor and Project Manager.
- Maintain excellent customer service with the customers, transportation, and operation teams to establish solid relationships.
- Must be punctual at all times. If an emergency arises, inform the supervisor and operations supervisor, or manager immediately, so that appropriate coverage can be arranged.
- Must work cooperatively with members of the crew.
- Must be courteous, helpful, and professional to all existing and potential customers.
- Must be respectful of rules at each customer site as to where to work and adhere to meal and rest period locations.
- Must follow all confidentiality rules regarding any processes, products or services that are visible at a customer's move site.
- Must follow all security rules for the company and assigned customers.
- Performs work with quality, efficiency, and safety at all times.
- Must abide by all safety rules; to include proper safety gear (back braces, safety glasses, safety shoes, hard hats, masks and/or gloves, etc. as required by the customer or by law), drive forklifts safely (seatbelt, slow speeds, ensuring trucks are chalked and using proper plates, etc.).
- Report any unsafe dangerous requests from customers to senior management.
- Sign timesheets daily signifying your start, meal periods and end time daily and other documentation is completed accurately and turned in by the time requirement.
- All other duties as assigned based on business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. ORGANIZATION SKILLS - Organization and project planning skills with ability to juggle multiple assignments and tasks.
2. LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedures, work instructions, and timesheets. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and coworkers.
3. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
4. REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
5. OTHER DUTIES:
a. Problem solving and strong decision-making skills
b. Must be familiar with and able to train Mover I's using various moving equipment and its proper usage such as dollies, carts, pads, straps, pallet jacks, forklifts, ramps, lift gates, and all specialty equipment including but not limited to roll-a-lifts, Genie lifts safe jacks, J bars, etc.
c. Must be familiar with laboratory moving including packing of lab equipment, fine tune and detail work, PC disconnect and reconnect and must possess good customer service skills.
d. Must be familiar with the O&I (Office & Industrial) move process and understand the move labeling and directional signage.
e. May act as a lead in setting and offsetting furniture during a move.
f. Must complete Mover I & II Level Corovan University training and pass the written tests.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma and/or general education degree (GED); or 1.5 to 2 year's related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. One (1) year of warehouse/moving experience required, using various moving equipment and its proper usage such as dollies, carts, pads, straps, pallet jacks, forklifts, ramps, lift gates, and all specialty equipment including but not limited to roll-a-lifts, Genie lifts safe jacks, and J bars.
Orange County, San Diego. San Jose or San Leandro. Various job sites and customer locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals are required to be able to sit or stand for long periods as needed throughout the day.
1. Walking: May require walking primarily on a level surface but may include walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods throughout the day, often up and down stairs.
2. Handling: Seizes, helps, or works with hands.
3. Lifting: Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 75 pounds and pushing or pulling up to 150 pounds throughout the day. Pushing or pulling assignment may need to be done with inclines. May also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up to 50 pounds.
4. Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction, reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required.
5. Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
6. Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
7. Vision: Reads paperwork and records on the computer.
8. Talking: Communications by phone, email, text and in person.
9. Sitting: May be required to sit at desk. May sit for long periods of time.
10. Stairs: May also include climbing or descending stairs while carrying goods up to 50 pounds.
11. Heights: May include working at height on a loading dock up, or on a lift-gate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing, assembly, and construction areas and under certain conditions require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields hard, hats, masks, gloves and/or hearing protection. This list is not all inclusive.
1. Temp/Weather: Works in either 1) Office environment - for the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment, and 2) Warehouse - may be exposed to cold or hot temperatures, and 3) Outside - may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and hot or cold conditions.
2. Noise: Works in office, warehouse or outside environment, with constant or intermittent noise.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
1. Variable hours, non-exempt, regular position.
2. Employees might be required to work late evenings or weekends depending on the business needs.
3. All Overtime must be approved by manager before working.
This position requires travel around the local area, depending upon customer assignment.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment activities and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, based on their actual or perceived: race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age (40 and over), sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics").
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
$19.25 - $20.00 / hour
Keywords: Corovan, San Jose , Mover II, Other , San Jose, California
here to apply!