Meta Systems Architect - Corp IT
Location: San Jose
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The Meta SA will sit in the Bay Area.
What You'll Do
The Web Service Provider Systems Architect partners with our Account Manager in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions.
--- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners, and prospects. Set up demonstrations and explain features and benefits.
--- Designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
--- Ability to learn quickly and stay current with the latest business and technology innovations to gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in multiple vertical markets.
--- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers and Architects.
Who You Are
- Drive business outcomes /customer value selling
- Engage line of business and gain sponsorship outside of IT
- Joint development of strategic account plan
- Business Disciplines - Create/maintain competitive heat maps and architecture/roadmaps, customer business reviews (CBRs), and relationship map
- Address alignment to current Area and Theater priorities
- Influence with tailored messages for high impact on any audience
- Build and leverage vertical and architectural expertise
- Implement Challenger Sales traits - Teach, Tailor, Take Control
- Build cross-functional support for proposed solutions
- Link architectural vision to account strategy
Driving Sales Achievement
- Understand and achieve account, region, and operation sales objectives
- Use architecture/solutions to grow adjacent opportunities
- Willingness to take risks, make mistakes, and learn/recover/share
- Change agent - constructively expressing needs for innovation and change
- Tenacity and follow-up
- Demonstrate ability to generate an emotional impact with customers and urgency to realize benefits for executing on an opportunity with "Why Cisco" message
- Financial Acumen & Performance
- Analyze customer's financials to understand needs and opportunities
- Assess consumption models needs per customer
- Driving business planning and goal attainment
- Researching/educating customer's industry or economic conditions which drive or create change in priorities
One Winning Team Engagement
- Effectively facilitate account planning across teams (Architectures, Services, CVA, Capital, Partners, etc.)
- Strategically engage cross-functional resources to achieve their goals and hit their numbers
- Time/resource management--handling multiple priorities and greater levels of responsibility
- Presentation Skills, Workshop Facilitation, Whiteboarding Skills, etc.
- Leadership (vision) and delegation (execution)
- Effectively use productivity resources (TSN, PSTS, AS) to maximize customer impact.
Superior Customer Relationships and Leading Innovation
- Build influence and establish customer relationships inside and outside of IT
- Challenge customers to see their business differently
- Ability to establish trust and credibility
- Accessibility and responsiveness - organization and time management
- Take initiative and demonstrate a customer-focused, service-first attitude
Building Winning Capability within Cisco
- Focus on collaboratively contributing to the long-term success of Web customers in their experiences with Cisco
- Sharing of best practices, case studies, and win/loss stories
- Mentor team members and receive mentoring
- Consistently strive to improve and reinvent yourself
- Lead by example - demonstrates excellence in thoughts, speech, action, and attitude
In addition, the ideal candidate will have/must be:
--- 7+ years of related experience in a fast-paced high technology environment
--- Cisco product experience (required)
--- Competitive product experience
CCIE certification is desirable.
--- In-depth knowledge of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in more than one area of specialization.
--- Strong operating experience in more than one of the following areas of specialization: Enterprise Networking, Collaboration technologies, Datacenter/Virtualization, Wireless/ Borderless Network
--- Experience in coding or software development a huge plus
--- Understanding and conversant about the company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
--- Must be viewed as a leader by senior management, peers, customers, and Cisco corporate organizations.
--- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
--- Ability to participate as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
--- Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.
The Meta SA will sit in the Bay Area.
Keywords: Cisco, San Jose , Meta Systems Architect - Corp IT, Other , San Jose, California
here to apply!