Recreation Specialist - Saj
Company: Career Systems
Location: San Jose
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Description: Job Summary: The Recreation specialist is
responsible for the recreation/non-vocational activities of
assigned students Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday 1PM - 10PM
Supervisory Responsibilities: Position does not directly or
indirectly supervise other positions. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Assists students in adjusting to Center life to enhance student
retention by providing supervision, behavior modification,
counseling, and by acting as a positive role model and mentor.
- Conducts daily checks of assigned work area to ensure the
Safety of all students. Documents and reports all Facility / Safety
- Ensures that student needs are met in a timely professional
manner with the highest degree of customer service in mind.
- Adheres to all PRH and CSD policies and procedures, and the
Center Operating Procedures.
- Prepares reports and forms and documents in CIS case notes and
files observations of student's behavior, performance, notable
information or events, and progress towards achieving goals and
- Maintains confidentiality but reports significant events or
situations immediately through approved channels to ensure the
health, safety, and well-being of students and staff, and to ensure
that required reporting occurs, and that students receive emergency
services as needed.
- Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to students in
the event of injury, illness, or emotional trauma.
- May conduct required Student Committee meetings within the
- Ensures equipment and assigned work areas are clean and
maintained in accordance with Center, CSD, and DOL standards,
including conducting quarterly property counts, submitting property
relocation requests, may serve as a property custodian, and submits
maintenance requests as needed.
- Organizes, conducts, and directs recreation/non-vocational
- Supervises student recreation/non-vocational activities on and
- Assists in the planning and formulation of student
recreation/avocational activities with special emphasis on the
safety aspects of each activity.
- May order supplies and equipment.
- Instructs assists and encourages the students' participation in
- Coaches or supervises various sports activities.
- May conduct water safety training and supervise swimming and
watersport activities (Lifeguard Certification Required).
- Can lead larger recreational trips including bus trips (CDL
- Attends required staff training sessions as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements:
Qualifications: Minimum: Associates degree or one-year related
experience working with youth. Preferred: Bachelor's degree. Must
obtain and maintain lifeguard certification. A CDL bus driver's
license. Experience as a coach, arts & crafts, performing arts.
Knowledge: Must obtain and maintain current CPR/First Aid
Certification. Must possess a valid State driver's license. Ability
to obtain a CDL within 6 months of DOH. Knowledge of various
recreation/avocation activities. Ability to effectively relate to
student population. Ability to motivate students. High energy
level; enthusiastic Physical Requirements: Frequently Seeing
Sitting Hearing Speaking Standing Walking Driving Flexibility
Occasionally Lifting 50 pounds Pushing/Pulling Bending Squatting
Climbing Carrying Kneeling Seldom Environmental Demands: Outside:
Ability to spend 80% of the time working outside Heat: Cold: Noise:
Ability to withstand moderate noise levels, including voices levels
90% of work time Equipment: Ability to operate office equipment
Mechanical Equipment: Ability to drive automobile Work Alone:
Occasionally Work With Others: 85% of the time spent working and
interacting with team and other departments Reading: Ability to
read and write at or above high school graduate level Writing:
Ability to read and write at or above school graduate level PM22
Keywords: Career Systems, San Jose , Recreation Specialist - Saj, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...