Commercial Mover I
Company: Graebel Van Lines
Location: San Jose
Posted on: March 17, 2023
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Graebel Van Lines is the largest independent Van Line in the US and a leader in corporate and residential moving services, warehousing and comprehensive workplace solutions. Recently receiving its Women Owned Business status (WEBNC) and headquartered in Dallas, the new re-launched company is built on the legacy of the Graebel family, which began in 1950, and continued, by its recent acquisition from successful moving industry experts Vauna and Robert Peterson. We are an energetic, fast paced company looking for someone who will operate with integrity, energy and a passion for being the best.
To assist in the preparation and basic relocation of commercial activity. Is fully capable of completing the essential functions, including but not limited to, general commercial moving processes.
* Ability to follow directions as given by supervisor or advanced level commercial movers.
* Knowledgeable about facility protection, able to use properly to prevent damage to job site. Including but not limited to doors, floors, steps and walls.
* Knowledge of and ability to use basic tools such as but not limited to drills, screwdrivers, rubber hammer.
* Knowledge of and ability to use moving equipment such as, but not limited to 2-wheel and 4-wheel dolleys, walk boards, appropriate transportation totes.
* Perform basic assembly and disassembly of commercial office units, and equipment to prepare for transportation.
* Perform packing and preparation of commercial goods/equipment in a manner that is consistent and compliant with Graebel processes. This duty will also include utilizing the appropriate tote/bag for transportation.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. This will include the ability to transfer skills and work in a similar position in the role of Household Goods Mover I & Warehouse Services I, as work dictates.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCES
* High School Graduate or equivalent. May include specialized classes beyond high school.
* Has proficient understanding of principles in one or more functions. Typically possesses 0 to 3 years of relevant work experience. Understanding or ability to learn the Commercial Moving Process.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to read, and interpret correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Graebel Van Lines, LLC is an EEO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Graebel Van Lines is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Keywords: Graebel Van Lines, San Jose , Commercial Mover I, Other , San Jose, California
here to apply!