People Business Partner
Location: San Jose
Posted on: March 17, 2023
HR (People) Business Partner, Costa Rica Smartsheet is looking
for an HR (People) Business Partner to join our People & Culture
(P&C) team, and support our growing employee population in San
Jose, Costa Rica. You will support our global P&C programs and
work directly with our teams in the Costa Rica office. You will be
a member of the People Business Partner (PBP) team collaborating
with employees and leaders across functions at Smartsheet. You will
report to the Director of People Business Partners, General &
Administrative (G&A). In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the
idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better
way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading
cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations
to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale,
resulting in more efficient processes and better results. You
- Act as first point of contact for a variety of employee
relations inquiries in the Costa Rica office; providing support and
guidance to employees and leaders to help interpret policies,
employment law, and best practices.
- Assist with the full employee life cycle from onboarding
through to off-boarding.
- Assist with the input, maintenance, and accuracy of employee
data, ensuring timeliness and completeness.
- Provide input to Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits,
Payroll and PBP team to ensure P&C programs and processes
reflect local employment regulations and practices.
- Ensure consistent application of our global P&C programs
and help mitigate risk with sound judgment and
- Participate on project teams supporting implementation of
P&C programs and initiatives that drive organizational health
such as performance management, talent reviews, employee
engagement, change management, etc.
- Assist the Manager and G&A People Business Partner team
with investigations, disciplinary action and grievances as
required, ensuring appropriate documentation and record
- Ensure updates to existing and new P&C programs are
communicated and implemented in the organizations you support.
- Help implement, communicate, and train on Costa Rica-specific
P&C programs and processes
- Assist in gathering, analyzing data and sharing metrics with
the business, in support of established People objectives and
- Contributes to HR processes, policies and procedures, and
propose changes or updates as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including interim coverage
for other members of the People Business Partner team as needed.
- University degree in HR, business administration, or a related
- 5+ years of direct HR experience with emphasis on employee and
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to
interact with individuals inside and outside Smartsheet in a way
consistent with our values and commitment to service.
- Strong knowledge of HR disciplines and local employment law and
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational
- Ability to effectively interact and partner with employees and
leaders at all levels.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills, including
Spanish and English language proficiency.
- Comfort delivering presentations and facilitating workshops to
various audience levels within an organization.
- Ability to work independently, manage shifting priorities,
demonstrate good personal judgment, and effectively handle tasks
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality handle
sensitive matters and information
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Google for Work.
- Ability to consolidate information from various sources
including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Experience with Smarsheet and Workday is a plus.
- Fully paid Health & Life insurance for full-time employees and
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including
access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership and your
own personal Smartsheet account Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering
an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide
employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected
status following applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Germany
and Costa Rica. If there are preparations we can make to help
ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience,
please let us know. At Smartsheet, we aim to build an inclusive
environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse
voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of
our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic,
supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even
if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description-if
your career path has been nontraditional, to set you apart. At
Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't
afraid to be innovative-join us! Our Candidate Privacy Notice
describes how Smartsheet may process your personal data, including
the use of a third party provider for application submissions.
Keywords: SMARTSHEET, San Jose , People Business Partner, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...