Signal Integrity Engineer
Company: Hirose Electric USA
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:POSITION SUMMARYReporting into the Senior
Engineering Manager, this position is primarily responsible and is
responsible for Signal Integrity aspects of high-seed connectors.
The SI Engineer works closely with sales and other engineers within
the company and occasionally visits customers.ESSENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIESCore duties and responsibilities include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform SI measurements to characterize the connector's
performance including experiments to validate simulation results
and simulation tools.
- Write signal integrity evaluation and qualification reports for
both internal and customer use.
- Support Signal Integrity related requests from HRS Japan
- Develop measurement methodologies for better efficiency and
- Generate signal integrity presentation materials for customer
- Monitor industry trend in high-speed connector and
technologies, including benchmarking competitor's products (SI
performance, Physical design).
- Work with sales team to support customers and respond to their
- Develop and implement test fixtures for both lab and production
- Design characterization test boards and customer verification
boards; work with PCB design houses.
- Study technologies on the high-speed connector design for the
- Maintain a high level of integrity and discipline with a strong
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and
potential signal integrity engineering projects and
studies.SUPPLEMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES1. Work with SI simulation
engineers to correlate simulation and measurement data; perform
electromagnetic and/or circuit simulations, if necessary.2.
Document measurement procedures for better design/correlation
efficiency and accuracy.3. Research and monitor high speed related
industry standards.4. Support tradeshows (such as DesignCon) to
support promoting products.5. Evaluate new equipment, probes, and
other hardware that are deemed essential for the lab and/or
production measurements.6. Work with test equipment manufactures to
perform qualification testing; analyze qualification data.7.
Support tasks as requested by management.COMMUNICATION AND
INTERFACEAbility to interface with all department levels and
customers, as necessary.PROBLEM SOLVING AND JUDGEMENTHigh level of
engineering expertise pertaining to the Hirose product lines to
ensure efficiency and professionalism is implemented to address
problems related to current and potential clients.
SUPERVISIONNone.Requirements:REQUIREMENTS1. BSEE required, MSEE or
PhD preferred.2. 2+ years of relevant signal integrity work
experience preferred.3. Proficient with SI measurement tools, such
as, PNA, TDR oscilloscope and Probe Station 4. Strong ability to
drive problem-solving strategies for complex problems.5. Proficient
computer skills, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint6. Good
communication and presentation skills7. Positive attitude,
proactive mentality, responsive and strong work
Keywords: Hirose Electric USA, San Jose , Signal Integrity Engineer, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!