TEAP Specialist - SAJ
Company: Career Systems Development Corporation
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description: Job Summary: The TEAP Specialist is responsible for
the design, development, and coordination of the Trainee Employee
Assistance Program. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, and implements all programs related to
substance use and abuse prevention and intervention in conjunction
with the Mental Health Consultant, Counseling, and Health Services
staff, Center Physician and Center Director.
- Coordinates all programs designed to reduce and eliminate
substance use and abuse.
- Works with Health and Wellness staff for the collection of drug
test specimens, documentation of results and provision of results
to students. Works with the Center Standards Officer for
consultation with students regarding positive results leading to
separation from the program.
- Provides individual counseling for students regarding substance
abuse and prevention, and healthy choices.
- Prepares and facilitates group sessions with students enrolled
in the center's TEAP program.
- Conducts weekly on Presentation(s) on managing substance
misuse, abuse, and dependency symptoms and issues in the workplace
for students during the Career Development and Transition
- Develops and facilitates three annual center-wide substance use
prevention and education activities.
- Conducts in-service training sessions with both staff and
students in all areas related to substance use and abuse.
- Submits recommendations to the Center Director for medical
separations related to substance misuse and abuse in conjunction
with the Mental Health Consultant, center physician, and Health and
- Utilizing formalized assessment measures (e.g., SASSI3 or
SASSIA2, MAST and DAST), and clinical judgment to determine
students' level of risk for substance use.
- Participates in the center's Healthy Eating and Active
Lifestyle (HEALS) Committee that supports healthy eating and active
lifestyles and provide students with education and experiences that
promote lifelong health and physical well-being.Skills/Abilities:
- Broad-based knowledge of counseling techniques.
- Knowledgeable in alcohol and other drugs of abuse and relapse
- Ability to design, develop and implement a program related to
alcohol and other drugs of abuse and intervention.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Training skills in both individual and group counseling
- Ability to relate well to young adults.
- Must possess and maintain valid CPR/First Aid
- Ability to use center computer programs and Microsoft Office
including but not limited to PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Minimum: Active, unrestricted substance abuse license or
certification that meets minimum state licensing or certification
requirements to practice in the state where the center is
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in related field. Previous
experience with disadvantaged youth, particularly in a residential
setting highly desirable.Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of standing, leaning, and bending.
- Ability to spend time indoors and outside walking the
- Ability to withstand moderate noise levels, including voices
levels 90% of the work time
- Ability to operate office equipment
- 85% of the time spent working with a team and other
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to read and write and write at a college levelPM22
Keywords: Career Systems Development Corporation, San Jose , TEAP Specialist - SAJ, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!