Vehicle Diagnostic Specialist
Company: Snap-On Tools
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Research, design, and develop computer based software systems for
hand-held automotive test equipment, peripherals and software test
- Understands vehicle underhood and undercar technology,
including demonstrated proficiency with powertrain, chassis, and
- Performs research into vehicle systems and authors data and
functional tests to support diagnosis of specific vehicle faults.
Approx 70% of the specialists time is spent on this
- Comfortable working around vehicle electronic and electrical
systems, with knowledge of vehicle network systems. Capable of
removing and replacing automotive components, returning the vehicle
to equal or better than before condition.
- Capable of Analyzing technician and vehicle system needs, to
ensure compatibility with software system. Specifies, designs, and
authors software system screen flows and functional
- Accepts responsibility for multiple projects, time sharing
between multiple projects, and reporting weekly activity
- Ensures that project data is input into a database,
spreadsheet, or text file(s). This includes documentation of
pertinent release specification(s), communication message
information, parameter data, or other material.
- Consults with software engineers, hardware engineers and other
engineering staff to evaluate the interface between hardware and
- Assists with development and directs software system testing
procedures for verification and validation of the software programs
used on hand-held automotive test equipment and
- Assists with development and directs execution of the
validation plan for the software system.
- Assists in the development and analysis of software system
documentation, including problem reports and update or creation of
- Assists in the generation of market surveys, competitor tool
analyses and marketing literature.
- 5 years automotive and -diagnostic experience using scan
- Knowledge of personal computers and software
- Experience with computer data entry
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- AA degree in Automotive Technology
- Automotive diagnostic software development experience
- Database data entry and general usage experience
- Demonstrated experience with major Domestic and/or Asian Import
- Motorcycle experience
Keywords: Snap-On Tools, San Jose , Vehicle Diagnostic Specialist, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!