Sr. Systems Engineer
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Sr. Systems Engineer
USA - California - Mountain View/Sunnyvale, USA - California - San
Francisco, USA - California - San Jose
Job Description and Requirements
Join a growing core infrastructure service team at Synopsys with
challenging projects and responsibilities. Looking for a senior
systems engineer who can design, deploy, improve and support global
IT infrastructure and application solutions in both on-prem data
centers and cloud to meet the requirements from internal customers,
and collaborate with IT partner teams to deliver cutting edge
infrastructure services helping to boost engineering and business
- Manage identity and directory services including AD, LDAP and
- Manage global Email services including Office365, SMTP relays
- Manage network core services such as DNS, DHCP, and etc.
- Manage both on-prem & cloud hypervisor/ hyperconverged
platforms to support IT infrastructure services.
- Take active part in the production problem root cause
investigation, identification, and resolution. Works on team-driven
or task-oriented IT infrastructure projects from start to
- Provides exceptional customer service with excellent
troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Use DevOps tools for process automation.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in computer science,
information technology, software engineering or a related field,
with at least 8 years of related experience.
- Proficient with both Linux and Windows system deployment,
configuration management, system administration and security.
Ability to use DevOps tools like Ansible for configuration and
- Proficient with network and infrastructure services like LDAP,
Active Directory, DNS, SMTP and etc.
- Experience with cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
Hands on knowledge with virtualization and container technology and
orchestration tools, such as VMware, docker and etc.
- Ability to use at least one scripting/programming language for
process automation, such as Bash, PowerShell or Python. Familiar
with web technology stack including web server, database, REST API
- Knowledge of IT Security including encryption, certificates,
key management, patch management, security hardening and
- Demonstrates exceptional technical leadership to steer and
drive projects and initiatives. Ability explore and evaluate new
- Good documentation and analytical skills is required.
Experience with technical specification writing and familiarity
with project planning and flowchart tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
Demonstrates aptitude for providing exceptional customer
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills are
- Able to work well under aggressive deadlines. Works well as a
member of a team as well as autonomously.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
The base salary range across the U.S. for this role is between
$93,000 to $162,000. In addition, this role may be eligible for an
annual bonus, equity, and other discretionary bonuses. Synopsys
offers comprehensive health, wellness, and financial benefits as
part of a of a competitive total rewards package. The actual
compensation offered will be based on a number of job-related
factors, including location, skills, experience, and education.
Your recruiter can share more specific details on the total rewards
package upon request.
Base Salary Range
$93,000 to $162,000
Keywords: Synopsys, San Jose , Sr. Systems Engineer, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!