Company: Sprouts Farmers Market
Location: San Jose
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Do you like to work in different areas with different products? Do
you enjoy learning about different aspects of a grocery store such
as receiving, stocking, and product knowledge? Do you have a
passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience
while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the
thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the
fastest growing retailers is up your alley - then we need YOU to
join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market!.
Overview of Responsibilities
Grocery Clerks at Sprouts Farmers Market work in several different
areas of the store, from the Dry Grocery Department, to the Dairy
Department, and also the Frozen Department! Grocery Clerks can be
found stocking shelves, filling the frozen foods bins, and helping
maintain the cleanliness and presentation of the store. As a
Grocery Clerk, you could be receiving product deliveries, ensuring
delivery accuracy, and moving product to the sales floor using
several different types of equipment. Grocery Clerks are also
responsible for rotating merchandise to ensure the freshest product
is available for our customers. If you're someone who thrives in a
fast paced environment then we want to hear from you.
Team Members under the age of 18 will be restricted from the
- Using a knife (other than safety cutters)
- Using a ladder
- Operating garbage or cardboard compactor
- Operating any motor/electronically powered equipment (including
manual pallet jacks)
- Working in coolers or freezers for prolonged periods of
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work flexible
schedule that changes, including night, weekends, and holidays
- Have and show a mutual respect for others, maintain a
high-level code of ethics within Sprouts culture of diversity,
equity and inclusion.
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take
direction and participate in a team environment
- Be able to perform repetitious activities, and can multi-task,
prioritize and stay organized
- Must vertically/horizontally transfer boxes weighing up to 60
lbs., from 5" to 34", for a distance up to 5 feet for up to 25
hours without mechanical assistance.
- Adhere to all safety, health, OSHA and Weights and Measures
- Be able to perform other related duties as assigned.
The pay range for this position is $17.05/Hr. to $21.25/Hr. Sprouts
Farmers Market determines pay based on applicable experience and
qualifications of the applicant.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive
program to help support you and your family. These programs
- Competitive pay
- Sick time plan that you can use to support you or your
immediate families health
- Vacation accrual plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your
household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company
- Company paid life insurance
- Contests and appreciation events throughout the year full of
prizes, food and fun!
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- Bonus based on company and/or individual performance
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental and
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent
- Company paid short-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers
- Paid holidays
Get Paid Every Day!
Sprouts Farmers Market offers DailyPay - if you're hired as an
eligible employee, you'll be able to transfer the money you've
already earned at no extra cost, and get it the next business day,
for free. We offer DailyPay so you don't have to wait for payday to
access the money you've already worked for. With DailyPay, you can
see how much you've made every day and you can transfer your money
any time before payday.
You can learn more by visiting
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh
food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on
customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer
high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of
scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly,
old-fashioned farmer's market setting. Come grow your career in
healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams
that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this
work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves
the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and
requirements to meet business and organizational needs as
Sprouts will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with
California law, please see here for more information.
Keywords: Sprouts Farmers Market, San Jose , Grocery Clerk, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!