Registered Nurse (RN) - Hiring Now! at Good Samaritan Hospital
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Operating Room RN you
want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses
like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We
have an exciting opportunity for you to join Good Samaritan
Hospital which is a part of the nations leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Good Samaritan Hospital, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
Good Samaritan Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Are you a new graduate registered nurse looking for your first
opportunity? Are you looking for a nurse residency program that
invests in YOU, your career, and your future?
Accelerate your nursing career by joining our Specialty Training
Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses (StaRN) residency program
offered with HCA Healthcare - Good SamaritanHospital. This unique
opportunity will allow new graduates to obtain experience through
an intensive internship program and then transition to staff roles
within the nursing departments at the facility.
What you will do in this role:
- You will enjoy meaningful learning and networking opportunities
with your peers in a cohort setting.
- You will receive 5 6 weeks of didactic training, which will
introduce you to core curriculum and hospital initiatives in a
classroom setting. This training will be conducted by HealthTrust
(a part of the HCA family).
During training, the certifications provided will be based on
- NIH Stroke Scale
Interactive classroom lectures/discussions include:
- Curriculum based on evidence-based practice, National Standards
and HCA Healthcare Clinical Standards of Excellence
- Basic Dysrhythmia
- Meditech (EHR) hands-on training
- Medical Surgical medication management
- TeamSTEPPS training
- CPI Crisis Prevention Intervention
- AIDET, SBAR, Patient Experience, Falls and more
You will receive 1 week of simulation training, which will
reinforce nursing skills learned in the didactic setting.
You will receive 6 8 weeks of clinical training on your nursing
unit with a facility preceptor.
Acceptance into the program requires a two-year commitment to the
This cohort will start on January 30, 2023.
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- NIH Stroke Scale must be obtained within 30 days of employment
- Registered Nurse
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).
&l... Please click to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, San Jose , Registered Nurse (RN) - Hiring Now! at Good Samaritan Hospital, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!