Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Wingstop's mission is to serve the world flavor. Wingstop is the
destination when you crave fresh never faked wings, hand-cut
seasoned fries and any of our famous sides. For people who demand
flavor in everything they do, there's only Wingstop. We are looking
for team members who want to deliver a flavor experience.
As a cashier at Wingstop, an individual will have to take and give
out orders to the kitchen staff. He/she will have to be quick and
efficient in communicating with crew members and kitchen staff to
make sure the guests get their orders on time. A cashier will have
to balance their cash drawers, listen and solve customer queries,
and replace food if necessary. The individual has to be an ideal
team player as this is a very fast paced and strenuous job, which
requires him/her to be in the good books of everyone, including the
*Essential Duties & Responsibilities*
* Greet and welcome customers entering the restaurant and calling
into the restaurant.
* Place orders for customers in-person and over the phone; upsell
and maintain knowledge of menu and sauce descriptions, along with
new items and promotions.
* Accurately process cash, credit card and gift card transactions;
verify age for alcohol purchases.
* Answer questions from customers and make menu
* Monitor that all orders are read within Company quote times.
* Verify that all wings are presentable and double checking all
orders before giving the order to the customer(s).
* Balance the register at the end of the shift; deliver the amount
before the next shift.
* Assist in maintaining a clean workplace; keep Front of House
(FOH) clean and stocked.
* Practice safe handling procedures by following all safety and
sanitation guidelines; promote safety in the workplace.
* Maintain a professional and presentable appearance according to
the company's Uniform Standards
* Receive and handle complaints from the customers and guide to the
manager if the problem is beyond the scope of duties.
* Leave customer with a positive, long-lasting impression of their
* Computer literate and comfortable using computerized register
* Possess great cash handling skills.
* Professional, polite, and reliable even when under stress.
* Must have excellent interpersonal and people skills.
* Must have integrity, honesty and accountability.
* Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
* Cashier and restaurant experience a plus!
* Food Handler Certification required
- Free Lunch
- 33% off all orders (off the clock)
_The above job description is meant to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required for the position._
_We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that people are
our finest asset. It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color,
religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital
status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender
identity or sexual orientation or any other classification
protected by law._
_\*Must stay past 90 days_
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.40 - $18.00 per hour
* Flexible schedule
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Wingstop, San Jose , Cook/Prep, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!