Data Scientist - San Jose
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Vectra is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response
for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra Platform captures packets and logs across network,
public cloud, SaaS, and identity by applying patented security-led
AI to surface and prioritize threats for rapid threat response.
Vectra's threat detections are powered by a deep understanding of
attacker methods and problem-optimized AI algorithms. Alerts
uncover attacker methods in action and are correlated across
customer environments to expose real attacks. Organizations around
the world rely on Vectra to see and stop threats before a breach
occurs. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
Be on the leading edge of applying machine learning and data
modeling to the world of advanced cyber security. As part of the
Data Science team you will directly impact the product by modeling
complex problems and developing production software. You will
develop these models and algorithms in collaboration with Security
Researchers, who are experts in cyber security attack techniques.
This work provides the core detection capability for our
- Leverage large datasets to develop machine-learning and
statistical models that can differentiate between normal and attack
- Own the prototyping, development, and testing of complex
detection algorithms that implement these models and provide
customers with real-time visibility.
- Analyze detection algorithm performance and present key
findings to business leaders.
- Collaborate with Security Research, Data Engineering, and
Software Engineering teammates.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related
discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Hands-on experience with machine-learning and statistical
- Strong experience with Python and object-oriented
- Ability to work with datasets using SQL or other libraries
(pandas, numpy, etc.)
- Familiarity with data structures and algorithms
- Linux and Git proficiency
- Familiarity with Spark, Flink, or other distributed computing
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP,
- Database experience (SQL or NoSQL variants)
- Experience working in a software development team
- Programming experience in C++, Scala/Java, Go, or other
Our product is focused on making the world a safer and fairer
place. Our global benefits program ensures that Vectra puts that
same focus on our employees by providing outstanding health and
wellbeing support for all our people and their families across the
Our programs support our people by supporting the physical, mental
and overall health of everyone and their families. Our benefits
plans and programs include Health Care Benefits, access to
retirement benefits plans, behavioral & wellness benefits, perks
and rewards as well as generous time away from work via fully paid
holidays and leaves of absence.
Vectra is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of
race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status.
Keywords: Vectra, San Jose , Data Scientist - San Jose, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!