Audiovisual (AV) Maintenance (Break-Fix) - Level 2
Company: Avidex Industries LLC
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The Onsite AV Maintenance Technician - Level 2 works in
collaboration with their Manager, other Avidex resources,
manufacturers, and customers to support and maintain audiovisual
and IT systems located at our customer's facility. A background in
audio, video, and control systems and a good understanding of
computers and networks is required to be successful. This position
requires attention to detail, punctuality, good communication
skills, and the skills needed to support and maintain audiovisual
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform diagnostic troubleshooting, testing, repair, and
adjustment to integrated audiovisual/IT systems.
- Diagnose and resolve control system issues with remote
- Provide detailed status (written documentation of findings) of
- Provide preventive maintenance.
- Meet with applicable staff to review open tickets and customer
and support history as required.
- Provide technical guidance to other team members who may need
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work
- Maintain support reports, timesheets, expense reports, and
parts lists in a timely and accurate manner.
- Follow safety standards as required by OSHA and
- Attend site and department safety and coordination meetings as
- Attend training classes and maintain certifications as required
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- High School Diploma or GED. A college Associate degree
- 2+ years' previous experience providing technical and/or onsite
support within the AV/IT industry.
- Must attain an AVIXA CTS certification within one
- Must have good computer skills including proficiency using
Windows and Apple software.
- Must have good computer networking skills.
- Must have intermediate proficiency operating, troubleshooting,
testing, and adjusting integrated audiovisual/IT systems.
- Must have intermediate proficiency using software, hand tools
and test equipment of the AV / IT trades.
- Good communication, customer service and organizational skills,
attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines and
multi-task are all required.
- Work hours will vary according to individual customer site
schedules. Some work may require weekend commitments.
- Mobility must include walking, sitting, lifting, and carrying
up to 50 pounds assisted, standing, and occasionally kneeling and
crouching for long periods of time. Must be able to see, hear and
have good eye/hand/foot coordination; as well as be able to work in
hot, humid, and cold places.
Keywords: Avidex Industries LLC, San Jose , Audiovisual (AV) Maintenance (Break-Fix) - Level 2, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!