Regional Maintenance Supervisor (Remote)
Company: Fairfield Residential
Location: San Jose
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Regional Maintenance Supervisor*This position will be remote /
work from home with frequent travel to properties within the
Northern California region. Candidate should be based within the
San Jose, CA or Bay Area.Overall Responsibility: The Regional
Maintenance Supervisor (RMS) is responsible for the short- and
long-term maintenance objectives of their portfolio of assets,
overseeing a team of Maintenance Managers and ensuring that the
physical condition, appearance, and capital needs of the apartment
communities are achieved. The RMS must be technically proficient
with a hands-on attitude and possess exceptional leadership and
communication skills. The RMS must be willing and able to set a
consistent example of leadership skills and demonstrate a
professional demeanor. Ability to work well in ambiguous or
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree
preferred or technical degree preferred. CAMT designation is a
- EPA Certification, Type I & II required. Universal
Certification is a plus
- CPO Certification (Pool) required, as needed.
- Valid driver's license required.Experience:
- Five or more years' progressive maintenance management
responsibility. Prior multi-site management preferred.
- Multifamily apartment experience required.
- Experience with Yardi or other property management accounting
- Strong working knowledge with Microsoft Excel, Word, and
- Strong working knowledge with smart phones, tablets, and apps
process.Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in
- Experience using Yardi or other related property management
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to
manage difficult customers and/or situations.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and
- Strong knowledge in the areas of OSHA standards, safety,
facilities maintenance, capital improvements and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC,
carpentry, fire protection, structural, roofing, concrete, paving,
painting, landscaping, and appliance repair work.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and
regulations, permit processes, and codes.
- Working knowledge of abatement and encapsulation process for
- Working knowledge of multifamily facility management, and the
equipment and tools necessary to carry out housekeeping and
- Ability to develop, comprehend and manage capital budgets.
- Strong leadership and management skills; ability to direct a
team and supervise vendors.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends,
evenings, and holidays.
- 40-50% Travel is required. Varies by region.At Fairfield, we
are proud to be a leader in the multifamily housing industry. We
are passionate about creating exceptional and luxurious apartment
living. Among the most experienced multifamily companies, Fairfield
has developed and acquired over 975 communities since 1985. We are
an award-winning company that proudly employs over 1,300 associates
who are dedicated to serving our customers at our apartment
communities located in over 30 markets nationwide.We have a great
opportunity for you to work side by side with our passionate,
bright and highly experienced professionals in the Multifamily
Housing industry.Why consider us?
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.
- Careers are made at Fairfield- We are committed to developing
our staff through our robust in-person, online and social training.
Promotions from within are encouraged.
- Environmentally Aware- Fairfield leads the industry through our
Living Green Program and our LEED Certified communities.
- Award Winning- Fairfield is recognized for our customer
service, training and professionalism.
- Cutting Edge Technology- Fairfield utilizes innovative property
leasing and accounting software that maximizes
Keywords: Fairfield Residential, San Jose , Regional Maintenance Supervisor (Remote), Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!