Company: Boy Scouts of America
Location: San Jose
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this
country by combining educational activities and lifelong values
with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that
helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious,
responsible, and productive society.Todays professional Scouters
are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career
offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work
that makes a difference, work that calls one to continual learning
and challenge, work that offers solid compensation, benefits and
advancement.The area served would include Santa Clara County cities
working from our council office and home. District executives are
encouraged to reside in the area in which they
- Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community
and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and
inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
- Achieve progress towards specific goals and objectives which
include: program development through collaborative relationships,
volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising, membership
recruitment and retention.
- Be responsible for extending programs to religious, civic,
fraternal, educational, and other community-based organizations
- Secure adequate financial support for programs in assigned
area. Achieve net income and participation objectives for assigned
camps and activities.
- Recruit leadership for finance campaign efforts to meet the
financial needs of the organization.
- Ensure that all program sites are served through volunteers,
regular leader meetings, training events and activities.
- Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of
training for their respective role.
- Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working
relationships with other professionals and volunteers. The
executive must have communication skills and be able to explain the
programs goals and objectives to the public.
- Provide quality service through timely communication, regular
meetings, training events and activities.EducationBachelors degree
from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date
degree conferred stated is required for employment) or equivalent
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with
diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual,
responsible and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and
strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while
maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of Americas
leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any
- Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required for
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and
motor vehicle background checks.All BSA councils are equal
opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive
starting salary of $70,000, professional Scouting offers benefits
to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision,
life-insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability/salary
continuation, accidental death, a BSA Match Saving Plan, plus
compensation for authorized and approved business-related expenses
to include phone, auto and mileage reimbursement. We also offer
generous vacation policy and ten BSA holiday observances. How Did
You Hear About This Opportunity?
Keywords: Boy Scouts of America, San Jose , District Executive, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!