Company: On Lok
Location: San Jose
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionOn Lok PACEWe are a non-profit committed to our
participants.Dedicated to The Care of Elders:PACE (Program of
All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) was developed to answer the
many problems around caring for frail seniors. The PACE model is
centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of
seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in
their community whenever possible.Seniors, their family members,
and caregivers face many issues, including transportation to
appointments, management of medications, coordination of medical
care from different specialists, lack of social interaction, and
ability to stay alone at home. On Lok PACE participants receive in
home care services and transportation to a On Lok PACE center for
primary medical care, social and recreational activities, and other
senior care services.We understand the importance of a system that
works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry
out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.Join our
team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!POSITION SUMMARY: Under
the direction and supervision of the Program Manager, Activity
Specialist, and Activity Therapist, the Activity Leader plans,
develops, implements, and oversees activity services for On Lok
participants.DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and implements creative and individualized
participant care plans. Trains activity aides'delegates assignments
and supervises their performance.
- Plans and offers varied monthly programs and uses group and
individual oriented interventions to maximize participants'
cognitive and functional abilities. Offers therapeutic activities
for daily for participants with special needs.
- Works with Activity Therapist & Specialist to plan and
implement monthly community outings and special events. Work with
Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and orient appropriate volunteers
for specific recreation activities.
- Documents participant involvement in activities and revises
their care plan as needed.
- Participate in task/committee, special projects, as assigned by
- Actively participates in team discussions offering feedback,
ideas and suggestions both on a day-to-day basis and in monthly
department staff meetings.
- Consults with supervisor & activity therapist regarding
participant care plans
- Other related duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge,
- Minimum of two years' experience in a social, recreational or
educational program within the past five years, one year which was
full time working in a health care setting; OR have completed at
least 36 hours of training in a course designed for activity
leadership from an accredited college; OR be an occupational
therapist, art therapist, music therapist, dance therapist,
recreation therapist, occupational therapy assistant or a qualified
- One-year experience working with the elderly or frail
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Stability, maturity, creativity and flexibility in work.
- Ability to work with volunteers and contract staff.
- Fluency in a second language (Cantonese or Spanish) helpful and
written and spoken fluency in English required.The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They
are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks
performed. On Lok reserves the right to change job descriptions,
work hours or work sites as required by the program.On Lok's
Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular position for 20
hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships,
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and
long-term disability insurancePursuant to the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal
PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider
for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
records.On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex (including
pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry,
disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status,
age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected
status. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in
the job application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of
employment please contact Recruitment (email@example.com).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: On Lok, San Jose , Activity Leader, Other , San Jose, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!